How would you recommend to study for Visual Arts? (1 Viewer)

Robpres1

HSC
I have written a list of things to study and prepare for the trials next term and then i got to art and had no idea. I have a thorough knowledge of dada and other case studies - is that enough? WHAT WOULD YOU DO lol but srs WHAT!?

zaqwerty

HSC
I used to just go through the case studies we studied in class.

You could always practice analysing some artworks.

Or learn some big and beautiful words you could use to descripe works so you can shove them in to your answers.

And I would recommend getting a really really really breif "History of art" type thing so that you can pretend you know what you're talking about.

Other than that there's not a lot you can do as you never know what they're going to use for the exam.

Robpres1

HSC
Thanks I just think it's too broad, but I guess there is no avoiding...

thanks for your help

pennyblossom

HSC
Our teacher gave us this little mind map a while ago where you memorise the things you need to include in the structural and objective frames, as well as audience, world, artist and art. :D just remember to include those in your responses and you'll be sweet. Plus remember the technical terms for certain types of art.
You'll be fine :)

TyndallTkd

HSC
i am summarising words and phrases and words to use, and then doing past exam papers, and going over my artist info.

TyndallTkd

HSC
i am summarising words and phrases and words to use, and then doing past exam papers, and going over my artist info. and the definitions of frames etc

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Know the frames, have about 6 or more artists from different genres and their main works, ideals, styles that you can talk about.

In all honesty, the visual art exam is almost a joke it's so easy; you can pull very high marks with barely any study so long as your bullshitting skills are reasonably good.

Existential

HSC
N/A
I have written a list of things to study and prepare for the trials next term and then i got to art and had no idea. I have a thorough knowledge of dada and other case studies - is that enough? WHAT WOULD YOU DO lol but srs WHAT!?
the HSC exam in art is random and extremely difficult to get good marks in (and it isn't a measure of how well you study/ are good at art)

+ art scales horribly.

EDIT: in response to bullshitting skills, i guess that's true (likewise for english in some respects).

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
the HSC exam in art is random and extremely difficult to get good marks in (and it isn't a measure of how well you study/ are good at art)

+ art scales horribly.

EDIT: in response to bullshitting skills, i guess that's true (likewise for english in some respects).
hahahahaa shit, no. Anyone with half a brain could easily get 90+

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
basically know your frames, know which essay questions you like (unless they have changed the exam since 07) and learn your artists + their works (SPELLING is essential the amount of people who misspell the artist's name and works). And ensure you study any case studies you did in class and i would suggest learn some stuff about architecture, indigenous art & sculpture as can be very invaulable.

But as - may - cat - said you can easily bullshit your way through, i never studied for it but learnt my artists and frames and made up the rest and got 98 so you can do it.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
basically know your frames, know which essay questions you like (unless they have changed the exam since 07) and learn your artists + their works (SPELLING is essential the amount of people who misspell the artist's name and works). And ensure you study any case studies you did in class and i would suggest learn some stuff about architecture, indigenous art & sculpture as can be very invaulable.

But as - may - cat - said you can easily bullshit your way through, i never studied for it but learnt my artists and frames and made up the rest and got 98 so you can do it.

mes ami

HSC
hahahahaa shit, no. Anyone with half a brain could easily get 90+
Agree. I absolutely smashed everyone in the visual arts internal and external exams. easily getting 95+ in art. I think a basic knowledge of history is required as well. so fukinggggg easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)