How'd everyone go? (1 Viewer)

ben_carroll93

HSC
How'd everyone go about finding 'X' in the truss. Method of sections? sum of vertical forces?

jonahpetrie

HSC
^i got 20ma too but im fairly sure we are wrong. It was a really basic quiestion but i think we overcomplicated it. It just seemed to simple for the 2 marks in my opinion. Though that test was quite the fucking challenge

mathysbouma

HSC
shit
was the hardest engineering test and i expected to roll engineering with a few hours the night before.

SnowTau

HSC
Oh shit was it, my bad then.
Yeah, I see what you did though. They tried to over complicate it on you. What it actually said was the voltage recorded after the light bulb was 2, not the voltage drop over the light bulb, hence the actual drop was 16V, simple question presented in a more complicated way.

alen180sx

HSC
Yeah, I see what you did though. They tried to over complicate it on you. What it actually said was the voltage recorded after the light bulb was 2, not the voltage drop over the light bulb, hence the actual drop was 16V, simple question presented in a more complicated way.
Oh ok thanks man.

ben_carroll93

HSC
yeh i got like 2 or something. it seemed right because there was a 15kn up and down and i figured they'd cancel and that a small force would be reasonable
I got some where in the 20kN's... I think 24.5 but I'm not sure. seems a bit unreasonable.

SnowTau

HSC
I got some where in the 20kN's... I think 24.5 but I'm not sure. seems a bit unreasonable.

Nah if you check last page I even redid the calculation to check, 24.5 KN in compression ;)

I've done A LOT of that stuff (huge assignment based around building a bridge) so I'm pretty confident in my answer.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I didn't enjoy it...

I do enjoy it being over though :D

HSC
can't remember what I got tbh haha

Would anyone like to speculate what they reckon the band 6 Raw mark cutoff will be?

jonahpetrie

HSC
that was a difficult exam. Having done the ones from the past 10 years, this one was pretty rough. I'm assuming since last years was about 83, this year might be a bit lower. Im probably wrong though

taeyang

HSC
I didn't even get an answer for the BM diagram.... as well as the my first drawing being an absolute pile of garbage... I'm hoping for at MAX 60 raw :D

SnowTau

HSC
I didn't even get an answer for the BM diagram.... as well as the my first drawing being an absolute pile of garbage... I'm hoping for at MAX 60 raw :D
I rubbed that out and redrew it like 3-4 times... the drawing we had to get it from was ridiculous... so hard to tell where everything was and what was happening... I didn't get it.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I rubbed that out and redrew it like 3-4 times... the drawing we had to get it from was ridiculous... so hard to tell where everything was and what was happening... I didn't get it.
I'm with you there, the drawings were so.. ugh. Rubbed mine out a few times hahaha.

SnowTau

HSC
My stupid table had something loose on it somewhere, so everytime I rubbed it made a loud banging noise, and I felt bad for everyone else sitting near me haha, it sucked. At least there was only 7 of us there today, small class.

annnna

HSC
Considering how i did minimum study, (no joke) it wasnt actually that bad. Like compared to last years paper especially.
But yeah, i was shitting myself more before the exam because i thought it was gonna rape me. I just want a pass tbh!

Weasel406

HSC
Uni Grad
I've never really got a bending moment diagram wrong until today. I had never seen one like that before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)