How'd everyone go? (1 Viewer)

SnowTau

HSC
I stuffed that one up hugely, had no idea what to do. I started off alright but yeah... missed a few major things.

ben_carroll93

HSC
Yeh k. I just did moments about the axle. With the pedal force and the perpendicular distance to the chain. Had no idea really...

elvishtears

HSC
It was a fairly hard test, didn't get that one with the Multiplexing, and wasn't sure with probably another 12 marks. That calculation with the current in the curcuit was 20mA not 2.5mA. Macrostructure of laminated materials used on an aircraft?...get fucked. I got 24.5 KN for member X however I said it was in Tension which i'm fairly sure is wrong now. Also the production of the crank shaft? I said Die-casting(no idea) i'm regretting not putting forging now.,

elvishtears

HSC
oh do you guys remember that bending moment and shear force one. HOW BADLY WAS IT DRAWN? omfg couldn't really tell where the force was drawn and the sides sort of put off... ended up getting a maximum bending moment of like 1.89KNm... probably wrong

rover100

HSC
Quite decent test, possibly lost max 5 marks
Happy with 95/100

rover100

HSC
oh do you guys remember that bending moment and shear force one. HOW BADLY WAS IT DRAWN? omfg couldn't really tell where the force was drawn and the sides sort of put off... ended up getting a maximum bending moment of like 1.89KNm... probably wrong
1.89Knm is correct

jgalpin

HSC
It said MACROSTRUCTURE so you just draw the laminate.... laminated glass for example

rover100

HSC
Really? How'd you do it? I got like 1.8 :(
Drew free body diagram
Found distances from Reactions and Forces
Moments at 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 and at reactions and force applied

found max bending moment

taeyang

HSC
I did fucking laminated timber for early/lightweight planes... I have no idea to be honest, could that work? probably not.. but my macrostructure just consisted of the cellulose fibres.. that's it hahaha,

SnowTau

HSC
I got 1.89KNm as well.

IT WAS DRAWN TERRIBLY THOUGH!

It was a fairly hard test, didn't get that one with the Multiplexing, and wasn't sure with probably another 12 marks. That calculation with the current in the curcuit was 20mA not 2.5mA. Macrostructure of laminated materials used on an aircraft?...get fucked. I got 24.5 KN for member X however I said it was in Tension which i'm fairly sure is wrong now. Also the production of the crank shaft? I said Die-casting(no idea) i'm regretting not putting forging now.,
Could you please explain how you got 20mA? I've never understood that stuff even though I did physics as well >.>

Also it was definitely compression, and my teacher says forging was the best method.. whiiiiich I didn't choose >.<

Last edited:

jgalpin

HSC
unfortunately thats incorrect :( you needed to find the vertical and horizontal components at A. Then you needed to get the angle and force via trig, it came out as like 20 something at 54 degrees

taeyang

HSC
Drew free body diagram
Found distances from Reactions and Forces
Moments at 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 and at reactions and force applied

found max bending moment
I had absolutely no idea where the force was acting, that was the most unclear question I have ever done.

jgalpin

HSC
yea i just did it and its 20mA for everyone debating between 2.5 and 20

SnowTau

HSC
I had absolutely no idea where the force was acting, that was the most unclear question I have ever done.
From how I read it, the force was acting 800mm in, while the two forks from the forklift were each 500mm in. My shear force diagram essentially started at 500 in, force at 800, then finished at 1500mm. Outside had no shear force. I then used that to get my bending moment diagram.

yea i just did it and its 20mA for everyone debating between 2.5 and 20
What value do you use for V? The amount the voltage drops?

jgalpin

HSC
Well you have an 18V battery and theres some electrical device that uses up 2V so your remaining voltage is 16, do u have skype mate???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)