hows art eXpress this year ? ? (1 Viewer)

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I have yet to go... :( Although I'm looking forward to seeing a friends work at AGNSW.

mememe

Yeah i didn't know it had started cos there hasn't even been opening night or anything yet.

lexy-kate

i saw it at agnsw today.. its pretty good.. some really really impressive stuff there.. the animation stuff is worth watching.. got a laugh

j'adore

i saw the stuff at david jones this arvo. They were all pretty good! except they chose lots of landscape type things!

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I saw it at the AGNSW on the 22nd. I like some parts of it a lot, and other parts I didn't like at all. But on the whole I found it to be more boring. I think it's because I'm not standing there thinking about what I have to do for my HSC artwork in <number> years time.

tro

my animtion is there :D

Its the worker one....altho art express has copied the dam thing 6 times and the quality has been reduced so badly :( the colour is now crap and its all dark.. and to make matters worse they don't have the sound up enuff for mine which i spent weeks on and over 1600 sound effects!!!! You can barely hear it at all..i was very dissapointed.

tro

:p hehe i hate mine so much now i've seen about a million times and of course theres making it!

picaresque

HSC
Mmm. there really wasn't anything i was madly in love with, but generally i thought it was a good exhibition. personally, i'm not a huge fan of social commentary through artwork because i find it a bit stifling/topical and verging on trite, however most of the ideas were resolved well through their mediums. highlight of the show? my mother now realises that i will be obliged to work just as hard for art as i will be for extn2 maths. :)

thechosen1

Originally posted by j'adore
i saw the stuff at david jones this arvo. They were all pretty good! except they chose lots of landscape type things!
ok umm im a lil shocked... my work is in the djs exhibit and the opening is on tommorrow.. im sooo confused!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
for most exhibitions (this happened for my artexpress stuff last year), the opening is actually a little bit after the thing actually opens.

openings are cool. free drinks! ;)

kim_iz_yippin

HSC
Hey everyone,

I'm just starting my major work so I went to David Jones and the gallery for some inspiration....and was very disappointed this year. Normally there's at least two or three where I just go "Oh wow!" Not this year tho. You could tell with some of the drawings that they were traced (that absolutely annoys the shit out of me - you can see where they'd tried to cover it up by smudging the corners, grrr). However....

The concepts were excellent . You guys should be proud of yourselves, because although I'm not really into modern art (though I love some of it) I can recognise the effort put in developing your concepts and working on your BOW's.

Does anyone happen to know the guy or girl that made that saxaphone out of the spare parts? It's in the David Jones shop window, and I thought that was great

soso

HSC
N/A
I went to the hazelhurst venue opposite GYmea TAFE. Great Venue Looks very good. Liked the shopping bags and the work on the front of the catalogue is at Hazelhurst

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)