How's everyone coping? (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't really ever "stressed" this HSC, yet. I just don't think it's worth stressing over.

I'm doing relatively well in all my subjects except English (82/153) and MX2 (24/32).

Jay-k-bee1

HSC
I haven't really ever "stressed" this HSC, yet. I just don't think it's worth stressing over.

I'm doing relatively well in all my subjects except English (82/153) and MX2 (24/32).
Lol sitting on the same eng rank as me :p
So many people are clumped on the same ranks for english man!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Same here!! My teachers are racing through the topics and I'm having trouble keeping up. I would go and study on my own but I have so many exams ><.
I'm not exactly stressed, I just panic. I have been slacking off since half yearlies and feel like my ranks will drop dramatically.
Let's all hope you make good use of your upcoming holidays then.

Aysce

HSC
Let's all hope you make good use of your upcoming holidays then.
Let's all hope everyone studies during the holidays, the trials are like right around the corner when they end.

HSC
N/A
Guys, is it just me, or are you feeling no pressure?

I don't know how much work i'm meant to be doing every day. I've only been doing my homework and making notes for one of my subjects (business studies). Are we actually meant to be "studying" every day? And I don't count homework as study.

Aysce

HSC
Guys, is it just me, or are you feeling no pressure?

I don't know how much work i'm meant to be doing every day. I've only been doing my homework and making notes for one of my subjects (business studies). Are we actually meant to be "studying" every day? And I don't count homework as study.
Some people in this thread feel no pressure but I actually need some pressure to do work. Everyday I make notes based on what I've learnt, revise a subject or two and then work on my assignments if possible. Now at this stage of year 12, it is a good idea to start revising since trials are in 10 weeks time.

Make notes for all your subjects and revise the older bits to make sure you have a long-term memory or understanding of the content.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Make notes for all your subjects and revise the older bits to make sure you have a long-term memory or understanding of the content.
It's hard to make notes for some subjects though where others its pretty easy (e.g. Sciences).
And some subjects you'd just be wasting time making notes...

Aysce

HSC
It's hard to make notes for some subjects though where others its pretty easy (e.g. Sciences).
And some subjects you'd just be wasting time making notes...
Let me reword it as all necessary subjects.

carlytheunicorn

HSC
i gave my all in half yearlies and now its like ive lost all motivation. i cant wait till this year is just over and i can do fun things :s

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
To Aysce, got my half yearly report recently so ranks are fresh, but assessments are all coming to knock them away.

I got rank 1 in all my subjects bar maths, which was 4th.

And eep, I'm away most of the next hols, but luckily my trials are a lil later than some schools. (Wk 4/5 I believe Term 3)

eat_well

HSC
To Aysce, got my half yearly report recently so ranks are fresh, but assessments are all coming to knock them away.

And eep, I'm away most of the next hols, but luckily my trials are a lil later than some schools. (Wk 4/5 I believe Term 3)
Just keep it up. I'm pretty sure you can maintain your ranks if you keep revising and making notes.
Let's hope I can do the same :/.

jnney

lemon
HSC
ash, where are you up to in bio in self study?

Aysce

HSC

Wow I'm so envious, congrats :)

@Jnney - I'm up to section 5 but instead of accelerating ahead, im just learning the most recent stuff and constantly revising. We're going at a faster pace since I and some others can understand and answer Qs on the new concepts, yay. I assume you're up to S4BH? Lucky :cry:

Aysce

HSC
You were forced to Std English? Can they do that
I don't know. All I know is by their "standards" I should've been able to do advanced english but obv it's too late now lol.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Thanks for the kind words Aysce and also eat_well:) I'd be so happy if I could maintain.

When you say you're doing section 5 bio, out of which topic? At my school we are like in Section 2/3 of S4BH. I recall you have a less than satisfactory bio teacher right Aysce, but keep at it. I'm currently trying to essentially teach myself a whole modern topic.

Just think guys, we're over half way there. Less than 6 months till freedom.

Aysce

HSC
^Thanks for the kind words Aysce and also eat_well:) I'd be so happy if I could maintain.

When you say you're doing section 5 bio, out of which topic? At my school we are like in Section 2/3 of S4BH. I recall you have a less than satisfactory bio teacher right Aysce, but keep at it. I'm currently trying to essentially teach myself a whole modern topic.

Just think guys, we're over half way there. Less than 6 months till freedom.
BOL :cry: I can't wait to do S4BH, although I don't know if I should learn ahead or just consolidate what I've learnt so far. I don't know if we're behind or not - we probably are...

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Your school sounds a bit behind, most schools are up to at least starting S4BH. Are you doing Communication as your option?

I think consolidation is probs more important cause your assessment tasks at school will only be based on what you've done so far, but looking ahead a little bit would also be good.

In most of my subs, we are currently in our third topic of four. Maths we are just stating Apps of Calc to Physical World, but I think then our main topic left is Probability.

jaechen

HSC
SO STRESSED i got loads of chem and phys notes to write (mod 1 and mod 3) and as well as umat to study for >__> and i havent even touched past papers for 3u and 4u maths. my ranks at school are okay though. the bad ones would be eng 51/100+ and 4u maths 30/79. but yeh... not coping very well ==

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)