How's everyone going? (1 Viewer)

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
Just thought I might start a new thread, I'm really interested to see how everyone is going. I mean are most people still at the OMG I've got a MW to do, or is it more kind of calm and collected?

Personally, I'm aiming to do a short story, but eek.. struggling. I've got a basic introduction but gosh it's bad.

Let me know how it's going!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I'm still in the i know i have to write something but i think i need more research phase.

I've been trynig to write for the past 2 weeks but nothing seems to be coming to me... I htink my ext 2 teacher is getting rather anoyed too, but inspiration should hit me soon......
hopefully..........

olay

HSC
ermm. i'm awfully braindead. i think this is my first experience of writers block. :( it sucks.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i have finally, after tossing and turning for two months, decided to drop ee2...though i still hover around this forum quite a bit..:D

miss_salty

HSC
N/A
I'm gonna cry. I can't write anything.

I'm suppose to write a short story but I can't even make up my mind to decide what to write about - my ideas keep flickering from here to there. As a result, I have numerous ideas but when I start to write it out, it sounds really really lame and the story just dies a slow and grateful death.

J

jhakka

I've done 400 words and some work on one of my characters. Thassit.

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i'm at the stage where i'm willing to pay strangers for a good idea... i want to switch my main idea... but only when i have another main idea to switch to... oh this is not good

LiKe A FiSh

HSC
N/A
i have 3000 words, a good story.....no introduction..and thats all my poor teacher wants.....an introduction hes been bugging me for weeks

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by LiKe A FiSh
i have 3000 words, a good story.....no introduction..and thats all my poor teacher wants.....an introduction hes been bugging me for weeks
it doesnt matter where everything is atm, you still have time to tighten it up, my introduction changed 5 times, not deleted and redone, just moved a new section there

aud

HSC
Haven't written a thing... haven't even finished research... or have ideas on how it's going to take form... I feel so bad neglecting it so much for Maths...

mayhemily

HSC
i have an overall theme, a couple of little (verrrrrrry little) bits and pieces of scribble and i've written one really short short story of about 1000 words which I may or may not use :)

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
My teacher wanted to collect 2000-2500 words to mark over this wkend...I'm sufferin withdrawals!!! I'm totally pumped about my story- i love it... 3000 words down- i only started writing about 3-4 weeks ago. up until then i was researching and evolving. i also read that you should always spend way more time researchin than writing. for inspiration, i flick back thru my journal. Plus- set your story somewhere that you are familiar with. You can always visit/ think about it 4 inspiration!!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Are there any video people out there? I wanna see how my fellow filmmakers are doing in terms of progress.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
whoa, sounds like im waaaay behind - iv done 14 pages in my journal..... and so far, absolutely not even started my story : (
iv done a bit of research tho. Im neglecting it a bit, i work a lot and have a social life, ya know.... and a boyfriend who goes to another school and neither of us have our p's...... its such a bummer. But I really nedd sumone to kick me up the arse and say GET A MOVE ON cuz im only doing 10 units.... really, im such a slackass!!!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
haha... lol... sorri

ive only handed in approx 2000words to my teacher. but i reackon its rubbish.. im doing critical response and i feel as though after every idea, suggestion or arguement i come up with im left with "and then...?". i just feel like an idiot.
IVE GOT IDIOTS' BLOCK!!!!
i was really tempted to do short story.. and at times i still am, but right from the start our teacher persuaded us against it... probably due to US personally rather than the form itself.
oh... how hard it is to get motivated!!!!
and then........?

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
Originally posted by aLeeOh!

IVE GOT IDIOTS' BLOCK!!!!
i've caught a new strain of writers block as well
i think i caught it from my teacher...

meh, i've only written 900 words... it feels goo to have finally written something but i'm not sure it's all that great
i think everyone's afraid of telling me i'm crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)