HSC 2015 MX1 Marathon (archive) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Re: HSC 2015 3U Marathon

I had a go at an induction inequality.

I haven't quite finished with the statements but I am basing my method on the Kinney-Lewis method. ( I know there are many methods by which you could do these questions).

Not sure if I have the last step right but my thinking is if k^2+3k, if k greater than or equal to 4, the statement is true.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

I had a go at an induction inequality.

I haven't quite finished with the statements but I am basing my method on the Kinney-Lewis method. ( I know there are many methods by which you could do these questions).

Not sure if I have the last step right but my thinking is if k^2+3k, if k greater than or equal to 4, the statement is true.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

On track up to this part, your proof of this is not valid

Just because does not mean (which is what you do when you divide the inequalities (k+2) > 3 and (k+1) > 2)

For instance, and but

kawaiipotato

HSC

On track up to this part, your proof of this is not valid

Just because does not mean (which is what you do when you divide the inequalities (k+2) > 3 and (k+1) > 2)

For instance, and but
That's true. How about this then:

Last edited:

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

I had a go at the question kawaii answered using the Kinney-Lewis method but Im not sure if that last line is good enough to get the full marks. (Again I havent included my statements in)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

I had a go at the question kawaii answered using the Kinney-Lewis method but Im not sure if that last line is good enough to get the full marks. (Again I havent included my statements in)

It wouldn't receive full marks unless you prove that last line as it isn't an immediate result

I'll post my solution soon

HSC

Could you explain your part (iii)?
From part 2 we know that 1/n! < 1/e^n but this only occurs at n is bigger or equal to 6.
So when you replace n in the above inequality with 6,7,8,9... etc, this will give you the relationship on the left, plus the first 5 terms which is smaller than those on the right plus the first 5 terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)