• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC 2016 MX2 Integration Marathon (archive) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Re: MX2 2016 Integration Marathon

Wait, so would we not be allowed to use hyperbolic functions in exams? Our teacher never told us that, so that's a bit worrying. Would we still be allowed to be all cheeky though and make a substitution like and then just prove a few basic properties before using it, or nah?

Also slightly related, is L'Hospitals allowed? Our teacher also taught our 3U class that, and said we were allowed to use it in exams.

Last edited:

JusticeTackle

HSC

Wait, so would we not be allowed to use hyperbolic functions in exams? Our teacher never told us that, so that's a bit worrying. Would we still be allowed to be all cheeky though and make a substitution like and then just prove a few basic properties before using it, or nah?

Also slightly related, is L'Hospitals allowed? Our teacher also taught our 3U class that, and said we were allowed to use it in exams.
You are truly the king of acting

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC

I think it is completely fine, but it's a fair bit to write. However, I do think that if you are sufficiently well practised with hyperbolic substitutions, then the amount of time it takes to do the working with hyperbolic sub and writing out the basic properties of the hyperbolic subs will be faster than doing it through more acceptable means.

I would suggest also practising Euler substitutions, as those are completely acceptable.

L'Hopital's Rule is not accepted. However, the proof is incredibly short, so one must wonder if one could prove it in the middle of the exam and use it...

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC

I think it is completely fine, but it's a fair bit to write. However, I do think that if you are sufficiently well practised with hyperbolic substitutions, then the amount of time it takes to do the working with hyperbolic sub and writing out the basic properties of the hyperbolic subs will be faster than doing it through more acceptable means.

I would suggest also practising Euler substitutions, as those are completely acceptable.

L'Hopital's Rule is not accepted. However, the proof is incredibly short, so one must wonder if one could prove it in the middle of the exam and use it...
Alright, thanks. By the way, which proof are you referring to? The one I know only applies to limits to a real number in the case .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)