HSC 2017 Business Studies Marathon (1 Viewer)

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Q5 2016 HSC

An employee is treated unfairly because she is pregnant. What legislation prohibits this behaviour?
(A) Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth)
(B) Affirmative Action (Equal Employment Opportunity for Women) Act 1986 (Cth)
(C) Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth)
(D) Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)

This one a 'no brainer'? Can only be 1 choice. Must be C.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Q6.A global business has adopted a strategy which aims to lower the average cost of its product by increasing output. What is this strategy called?

(A) Outsourcing
(B) Global pricing
(C) Global sourcing
(D) Economies of scale

Again I won't look at a book or Google. Thinking outsourcing is when you get people from outside your organization to do the hard work for you at a lower cost. (whether it be locally, or on an international scale). I'd rule out C) just due to the fact that it could be done from a business to business within the same city. Economies of scale is something I heard from economics back in the hey day and Global pricing seems like more of a world wide strategy for a particular item.

So I am leaning towards A) without any confidence.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Q6.A global business has adopted a strategy which aims to lower the average cost of its product by increasing output. What is this strategy called?

(A) Outsourcing
(B) Global pricing
(C) Global sourcing
(D) Economies of scale

Again I won't look at a book or Google. Thinking outsourcing is when you get people from outside your organization to do the hard work for you at a lower cost. (whether it be locally, or on an international scale). I'd rule out C) just due to the fact that it could be done from a business to business within the same city. Economies of scale is something I heard from economics back in the hey day and Global pricing seems like more of a world wide strategy for a particular item.

So I am leaning towards A) without any confidence.
D - Economies of Scale
View attachment 33860

Economies of Scale is in both Business Studies and Economics. Basically by lowering the cost of a product, we increase output up to a certain point.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Global Pricing- same price to customers around the world for delivery of parts and services. (From Wikipedia)

As an example I think of the price if a Big Mac. Don't think the price fluctuates that much if you go around the world. (if it does it varies slightly)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)