HSC Advanced English Paper 2 Thoughts (1 Viewer)

PikaAnime123

HSC
Mod A, B and C were pretty good. Why is NESA being so easy on us though? Like Common Module was a generic question and Mod C was an imaginative. Hopefully they take the marking light as well hehe :)
Maybe they scaled down the difficulty of the questions to upscale the quality of marking XD

jojosiwa123

HSC
mod A was amazing, mod b ehhh for eliot i did hollow men and JOTM but pre sure my connection was v weak rip
mod C was tragic and lowk wanna projectile launch myself off a bridge but im just happy it's over
I did the same connection w hollow men x magi and it was the most waffly thing ive ever written lol but I felt like the question allows for that it was kinda vague

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
What do you guys think around 65-70 raw mark will equal for the HSC mark? If I could get 80 HSC mark eng I would be very happy and get bonus points but idk if that's unreasonable or not. I got 61 raw for trials and I feel like I did better in this.

jojosiwa123

HSC
GUYS how many pages did u write for ur imaginative I done messed up that part omg was not prepared for imaginative at all

jojosiwa123

HSC
What do you guys think around 65-70 raw mark will equal for the HSC mark? If I could get 80 HSC mark eng I would be very happy and get bonus points but idk if that's unreasonable or not. I got 61 raw for trials and I feel like I did better in this.
according to rawmarksdatabase 70 scaled to 81 last year (for adv)

jojosiwa123

HSC
Ye I'm afraid that those marks are inflated from scaling from good schools tho, maybe I did better than 65-70 anyway so idk
ion get it how can they be inflated if it’s their raw mark from the hsc exam?

thatmailman

HSC
Ye I'm afraid that those marks are inflated from scaling from good schools tho, maybe I did better than 65-70 anyway so idk
Ur thinking of two different processes. Rawmarks -> external exam marks is aligning, which is consistent across the entire cohort (i.e. doesn't matter which school you go to). On the other hand, moderation does take into account the performance of your school.

Basically the marks on that site are aligned examination marks only so yeah no need to worry.

jojosiwa123

HSC
Ur thinking of two different processes. Rawmarks -> external exam marks is aligning, which is consistent across the entire cohort (i.e. doesn't matter which school you go to). On the other hand, moderation does take into account the performance of your school.

Basically the marks on that site are aligned examination marks only so yeah no need to worry.
fck moderation omg my school is about to drag my mark down to hell

shashysha

HSC
I think Mod A was alright, Mod B depends on if the markers having a good day lol but Mod C i felt was pretty chill - felt like a pretty easy paper compared to what my teachers were hyping up

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC

Fairly sure they're not, that process is same across all schools.
Yes but I'm pretty sure that ur atar uses the HSC mark which is both aligned and moderated. If my school sucks my 81 or 80 could get put down to a 79 or something which would be very annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)