• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Re: HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results v1.0

Good stuff fellas.
Keep going.

When's your next exam week?

P

pLuvia

Re: HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results v1.0

23rd Feb - 3u test - Logs and exps
28th Feb - Ext jap listening task
3rd Mar - 4u test - Graphs
3rd Mar - Japanese continuers - listening task

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
half yearlies exam block week 10-11
sor2 isp due week 9 or 10?
history extenstion logbook and interview - i think early march lol.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Thankfully our half yearlies are also in the 10th/11th weeks of term, gives me time to prepare and study for it! :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Thankfully our half yearlies are also in the 10th/11th weeks of term, gives me time to prepare and study for it! :)
i've been ATTEMPTING to start memorzing my notes this week for business. sighz only 3 out of like 30pgs for the first topic ><" then i have to write notes for my NEXT topic and this applies for every other subject. bleh i wish the exams were first thing back on term2. i dont feel i have enough time as i also have to do research for history and that stupid isp which should have been given to us in term 2 = =" and my time managment is CRAP LOL. im hoping that i can push myself more but at the moment it doesnt seem to be working T_T

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
Try to study effectively. That means working out what form of studying works best for you and using it. Whether it be reading over notes, re-writing notes, doing mind-maps, taping your notes and listening to them, sticking notes all around your house or another method.

Also don't forget to do some practice papers, they allow you to test not just if you can regurgitate your knowledge, but can also put it into practice in a question situation.
the best form of study for me is writing out notes as i seem to be more calm i reckon, but i forget most of it after a while. but when memorizing my notes, they stay in my head and thus when i'm doing my exam i can easily mole the notes that i memorized into the question. problem with that is that it takes me a while to actually remember the point ! and yeah i need to do practice papers as usually im not use to the structure of the questions or what there asking even though i got all the ideas in my head ! thanks for the advice =]

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
OMG can u believe dat there is like about 8 months left for our HSC!!!!!im freaked out n i can hardly sleep :( da scary part is........that the way our future will turn out all depends upon our HSC mark..........scary stuff ay
not really. the hsc just opens more opportunies and lets you proceed into whatever you want to do quicker . even if you don't get a good uai, there is always other ways to get into the course u want, even if you have to wait a year or so.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hating physics atm !! >_<

such a hard assignment that we've been given. =/

i don't knw where to tget the info from ... it's just so hard!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
hating physics atm !! >_<

such a hard assignment that we've been given. =/

i don't knw where to tget the info from ... it's just so hard!
as much as i hate to say it but im hating BUSINESS STUDIES at the moment. yes kent i know what your gonna say !

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol. what am i gonna say?

u think im gonna say "omgwtf. u hatez0r business studies? omgsh. u should be hanged" ? lol.

well. prett much. haha.

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
LOL ..What happened to the "v1.0" of the thread title? It only happened just then.

P

pLuvia

Re: List of important dates.

My HSC begins 12th Aug, how fun :D go there for like 10 mins then leave straight away :)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
The first one really starts on 7 august.

Note: Thursday 19 October is the BIG DAY!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Sparcod said:
Note: Thursday 19 October is the BIG DAY!
Yep, I'll never forget that day because... it's my birthday. :burn:

It just had to be that day.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
NO!!!....I've just found that, around mid-term, I will be bombarded with an unbearable shitload of assessment tasks + the half yearlies!!!!!OMFG!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Week 5 - Mathematics Extension 2 short examination
Week 6 - Physics research task
Week 7 - Biology research task
Week 8 - Chemistry research task
Week 9 - Half yearly examinations
Week 10 - Half yearly examinations (continued)

What makes it worst is that the Science assessment tasks are those research tasks where you are given a list of outcomes and you go on to make some limited number of pages of notes which you bring in for an exam. I hate those tasks!!!!And for the record, the topics assessed are the OPTION TOPICS (Biology - Communication, Chemistry - Shipwrecks & Corrosion, Physics - Astrophysics), so practically nothing in those exams will be taught in class beforehand.
You can't get any worse than that.......Anyone in the same/similar situation, so I can share the pain???lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)