• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I had a business studies assessment on Tuesday worth 15%. Wont get it back for quite some time because the teacher marking it is really slow. I got the multiple choice back though...7/10, which im a bit dissapointed with. The short answer responses is worth 40 marks-not so confident.

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
Short tests are a bastard. You have to rush in the first place, and then you don't have time at the end to go back and check things. I was so glad we weren't too time challenged in our 3U trig test - I had time to go back and redo two questions that I completely stuffed up the first time.

You know what you have to do from now, so I won't bother saying it, but I'm sure you'll pick that rank right back up. :)

I_F
yeah i agree. my english prelim exam was one and a half hours = = ;; we had three sections and i practically missed out on most of the questions in the first one as i was practically rushing through it. lucky thing was that the essay i wrote beforehand was practically the same question for section 3. bad thing was that i never got that section back as the teacher who marked it lost it i think ><" don't know if they recorded my mark for it either lol

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hey, thanks for the encouragement guys, I hope I can pull myself together and produce some better results for the half yearlies, only about 3-4 weeks before they arrive!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Hey, thanks for the encouragement guys, I hope I can pull myself together and produce some better results for the half yearlies, only about 3-4 weeks before they arrive!
of course you will ! you work hard anyways =]

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
I had a business studies assessment on Tuesday worth 15%. Wont get it back for quite some time because the teacher marking it is really slow. I got the multiple choice back though...7/10, which im a bit dissapointed with. The short answer responses is worth 40 marks-not so confident.
short answers are fun

last year for the yearlies in business, i got full marks for short answers! :O

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
If you get full marks in multiple-choice, it's either you:
Fluked it
or the choices weren't enough to get you.

Short answers are more accurate in determining whose smarter.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Sparcod said:
If you get full marks in multiple-choice, it's either you:
Fluked it
or the choices weren't enough to get you.

Short answers are more accurate in determining whose smarter.
i said short answers, not multiple choice :)

i got highest mark in multiple choice as well. just screwed up essay writing

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Riviet said:
Time is the devil in MX2, 3hrs is not enough; it would still be a rush if you had the full solutions with you and were copying them down in 3 hrs, well maybe not a rush, but you get the idea how tight it is.

mitsui - yeah it was on curve sketching and a bit of conics. I actually stuffed up the curve sketching bit, conics was fine actually.
Which is the hardest topic of them all?

Of those in my next exam (1 week), there's integration (3u), conics, complex and bita curve sketching.
I'm kinda lost my way here. Some of those questions do get me.

P

pLuvia

My MX2 half yearly there's only complex numbers, polynomials and curve sketching

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Our half yearly exam will cover complex numbers, curve sketching, and conics, probably the hardest of the three for me. Need to revise on complex numbers since it's been a while since last term.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
pLuvia said:
Maths Ext 1 - circular trig - 31.5/34 :( silly mistakes, not happy
no way, that's heaps good, specially for extension. well done!

got my first assessments coming up next week, english and history. every other subject has its assessment as the mid course exams.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
pLuvia said:
Maths Ext 1 - circular trig - 31.5/34 :( silly mistakes, not happy
That's insane stuff dude... No reason you shouldn't be happy.

Also, I got 10/10 on my religion presentation. :)

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
My MX2 half-yearly will include curve sketching, complex numbers, conics, polynomials and probably some integration if we get up to that as my teacher said the integration would be where the easy marks come from.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
business studies assessment on marketing : 17/20
legal studies on human rights : 88%
legal studies on crime : 7/10 (I was about to cry for this mark) :(
eng adv on journeys : 84%
maths (don't ask lol)

thats about it so far........i think
man how do you guyz get such good marks? Do you all start your assessments the day you get it, or do you do it the night before? (like me)

P

pLuvia

webby234 said:
Our ext.2 exam covers complex numbers, polynomials, conics and harder 3U (trig, circle, inequalities).
Complex numbers - no problem
Conics - need to go back over all my proofs
Polynomials - still needs a fair bit of work
Harder 3U - good for trig, inequalities, but circles are the devil.
wow, you guys have done quite a lot of 4u topics. At school we've covered Complex numbers, curve sketching and will finish polynomials before the half yearlies.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
maths (don't ask lol)

man how do you guyz get such good marks? Do you all start your assessments the day you get it, or do you do it the night before? (like me)
there excellent marks unique ! and 7/10 isn't bad. its just 3 marks away from 10 =] well when year 12 started i use to always start my assignments when i got it (except religion lol) and finish it early so i can get feedback from the teachers, find out ways i can improve it and just relax when others are doing it a few days or even the night before ! i haven't had any assignments this term except my isp which i havent started lol. its due in week 9 as well but meh it'll be ok.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hey nice mark for 3 unit, pLuvia, what was your rank though?

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
maths (don't ask lol)

Personally I do a bit of both, and my marks come randomly. eg in Legal I actually tried for my essay and got 8/10 whereas in my 4-hour last day ISP effort which supposedly was meant to be like 20-30 hours work was an 18/20.

Your assignment marks are good though! Don't feel bad , there are many people who would kill for marks such as your Business/English marks :) You've done well, dont be so hard on yourself.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
hey thanks for cheering me up:) lol
yeah i'm starting to realise that it's way better to start your assessments the day you get it, or atleast know what your doing. Several times i actually stayed up all night doing my assessments :(

You won't believe it, but for my human rights assignment, I literally finished the whole thing @ 7 am (which is usually the time I wake up for school). So yeah, i had no sleep n felt like shit the next day :( after that i actually learnt my lesson.

btw, for my SOR ISP, I haven't got a clue as to what I will be doing :(
don't worry ! i haven't got a clue either lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)