• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (2 Viewers)

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
Hey nice mark for 3 unit, pLuvia, what was your rank though?
I'm guessing around 4th - 6th? The ranks haven't came out yet but I know at least 3 people have got higher than me :( Highest mark being 33/34, 2nd highest 32.5, third highest 32. Pretty close. Yeh so maybe ranked 4th out of 38

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
Personally I do a bit of both, and my marks come randomly. eg in Legal I actually tried for my essay and got 8/10 whereas in my 4-hour last day ISP effort which supposedly was meant to be like 20-30 hours work was an 18/20.

Your assignment marks are good though! Don't feel bad , there are many people who would kill for marks such as your Business/English marks :) You've done well, dont be so hard on yourself.
lol thanks :)
omg did you actually finish off your ISP? dang your good:eek:
I can't even think of a topic, and it's due in sometime next term, don't really know and care lol
I also have a major IRP for CAFS to do :(
stress after stress urgh

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I got 33/40 for the short answers so altogether I got 40/50. Not sure about my rank, will find out tomorrow.

The short answers weren't marked very well...alot of people are complaining.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
lol thanks :)
omg did you actually finish off your ISP? dang your good:eek:
I can't even think of a topic, and it's due in sometime next term, don't really know and care lol
I also have a major IRP for CAFS to do :(
stress after stress urgh
lol thanks. Try searching previous threads on the Message boards, you might be able to find an ISP topic that interests you.

Yeah... my ISP was the biggest rushjob and I ended up with 18/20 :eek: I couldn't believe that.

Anyways just try not to stress heaps, try to enjoy this year.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
I'm guessing around 4th - 6th? The ranks haven't came out yet but I know at least 3 people have got higher than me :( Highest mark being 33/34, 2nd highest 32.5, third highest 32. Pretty close. Yeh so maybe ranked 4th out of 38
Cheer up pLuvia, you should be happy with that result, top 5 is a pretty good rank, keep up the hard work and don't give up! ;)

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
Cheer up pLuvia, you should be happy with that result, top 5 is a pretty good rank, keep up the hard work and don't give up! ;)
Hey thanks :p

Japanese Extension [Impact of technology] - 8/10 - 3rd/8

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizcat

HSC
well yesturday and last week i got notification for my Ext 1 and Ext 2 maths half yearly exams.. and we're gonna be tested on:
Ext1: ALL OF FREAKING PRELIM EXT1 TOPICS and ALSO EVERYTHING ELSE THAT WE HAVE COVERED SO FAR!!

EXT2: complex numbers, graphing, conics and also HARDER EXT1 TOPICS + other EXT1 topics!!!!!

and also WE have to do the freaking 2U one aswell.. and ALSO i have phyics on the day of the 2U!!

Clarebare

HSC
My school doesn't do halfies, but my assessment marks have been alright so far.

I'm sitting on roughly 90-100% in all of my subjects, I'm just hoping that none of them drop too far.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lizcat said:
well yesturday and last week i got notification for my Ext 1 and Ext 2 maths half yearly exams.. and we're gonna be tested on:
Ext1: ALL OF FREAKING PRELIM EXT1 TOPICS and ALSO EVERYTHING ELSE THAT WE HAVE COVERED SO FAR!!

EXT2: complex numbers, graphing, conics and also HARDER EXT1 TOPICS + other EXT1 topics!!!!!

and also WE have to do the freaking 2U one aswell.. and ALSO i have phyics on the day of the 2U!!
:eek:!!! Sounds like a hectic period for you. In that case, I bid you good luck. Don't stress too much!

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
CAN EVERYONE HELP A FELLOW BOS'ER:

I NEED OPINIONS FOR MY ENGLISH SPEECH

SO IF U R PRETTY GOOD AT ENGLISH AND U WANT TO HELP GO TO

http://community.boredofstudies.org...05131/my-king-lear-draft-i-need-opinions.html

P.S SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE TO READ UPDATED VERSION. IT IS DUE THIS THURSDAY

IT DOESNT MATTER IF U HAVNT STUDIED KING LEAR, I JSUT NEED TO KNOW IF IT SOUNDS GOOD AND USES RELATIVE DRAMATIC TECHNIQUES

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
18/20 on my King Lear listening task... Top mark was 20/20 but I hate english so I'm still ecstatic with 18. :D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Boxxxhead said:
18/20 on my King Lear listening task... Top mark was 20/20 but I hate english so I'm still ecstatic with 18. :D
excellent mark mate ! oh btw what did they ask you for your listening task? i have one coming up >_<"

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
excellent mark mate ! oh btw what did they ask you for your listening task? i have one coming up >_<"
Thanks champ :) umm for this one we had to listen to two critics voice their opinions on the play. I don't have it but I know my mark, so here it gooes:

There were 6 questions, with 2 specific to each critic (eg what does the first critic suggest is the reasoning behind Cordelia's response to Lear). Question 5 was a comparison between the two (The critics had two different opinions on Goneril and Regan's intentions and you had to differentiate).

Question 6 was one of those extended responses where you needed to study outside knowledge and was worth 8 marks. In my one, we had to say how we would portray a character mentioned in the critiques in a production, with reference to techniques (literary and stage) values, readings and other stuff.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Boxxxhead said:
Thanks champ :) umm for this one we had to listen to two critics voice their opinions on the play. I don't have it but I know my mark, so here it gooes:

There were 6 questions, with 2 specific to each critic (eg what does the first critic suggest is the reasoning behind Cordelia's response to Lear). Question 5 was a comparison between the two (The critics had two different opinions on Goneril and Regan's intentions and you had to differentiate).

Question 6 was one of those extended responses where you needed to study outside knowledge and was worth 8 marks. In my one, we had to say how we would portray a character mentioned in the critiques in a production, with reference to techniques (literary and stage) values, readings and other stuff.
ok thanks ! i think our one is just going to be some random listening task like the one the esl students do for their hsc exam. can't really prepare for it, except by doing past listening tasks.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Just handed in my Journeys folder - 7,000 words of bullshit about imaginative journeys. Got the accompanying speech tommorrow - another 10 minutes of bullshit. God, I love English... :rolleyes:

I_F

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
im happy today. .. a bit.
got my physics assignment back, better than wat i thought i'd get.
55/60
~equal 3rd.

have 2 assignments to hand in 2morrow :(
both i ihaven't finished ><!!

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
I got the 8 mark question on my english listening task altered from 7/8 to 8/8, so now I have 19/20.. :) and am ranked 4/46 in english :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)