Hsc At Tafe? (1 Viewer)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
i finished my hsc this year too....i did quite badly considering the lack of effort i put in n smart ppl calling me a dumbass. i hope to do hsc better at tafe in a better environment like you said. also is everyone like more equal & mature there(they dont insult your intelligence etc..)

Should i ring tafe now/go to career adviser to dicuss about doing HSC again or wait till i get my results in dec. thanks

Bytheway what subjects you did? did you heaps heaps better

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
69^boi said:
im thinking about to repeat HSC at tafe can you do this??
is the environment wots it like???
my sister wasnt happy with her results so she did her hsc at tafe the next year
she ended up doing alot better and for her uai she used the better subjects from school and the better sunjects from tafe combined to geta uai
if you can be bothered repeating a year..its ok
im considering it depending on my marks

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
yeah all the same
a bit more of an advantage because ive done them before
but isnt it yr 11 and 12 in the one year?...something like that

69^boi

HSC
N/A
yea you have to learn 11+12 in one year, i also heard dat tafe reccomended dont do more than 3 sub coz its like to be motivated yr11+12 arrr...cant i juz do yr12 if i alrdy did yr11..

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
you could always repeat at school?
but thats such a waste..because at school there is so many distractions...thats why at tafe they can cram year 11 and 12 in the one year
you should go to the tafe website and look into it..

lambkin

69^boi said:
i finished my hsc this year too....i did quite badly considering the lack of effort i put in n smart ppl calling me a dumbass.
Congrats on finishing anyway! You might be surprised by your marks, so don't stress too much about it for now. Wait and see what happens. Don't listen to people who call you a dumbass.. you've finished your HSC and I don't care what anybody says, it's a HUGE accomplishment. If you care this much about it, you can't be a dumbass

69^boi said:
i hope to do hsc better at tafe in a better environment like you said. also is everyone like more equal & mature there(they dont insult your intelligence etc..)
It's a much better environment for a lot of people. Everybody's really supportive and respect each other for giving it another go or whatever. It's also nowhere near as competitive, which is one thing that sucked about high school.

69^boi said:
Should i ring tafe now/go to career adviser to dicuss about doing HSC again or wait till i get my results in dec. thanks
Maybe call TAFE and go and have a chat with whoever the HSC co-ordinator is at the tafe you want to go to? It might be reassuring for you to know what your options are etc. Don't give up hope about your HSC results for this year though.. you can leave talking to tafe for later if you want to, because you go to an information session and enrol at the beginning of next year, so there's no rush.

69^boi said:
Bytheway what subjects you did? did you heaps heaps better
Last year I did general maths, advanced english and extension 1 english. This year I did modern history, biology and geography (geog through OTEN). I did do alot better than I would have for everything except geography, but that's only because I couldn't handle the correspondence thing. I'll put it this way.. I failed year 11 advanced english at high school, and got a high band 5 at tafe. So it worked for me!

good luck! don't stress about it too much though.. enjoy your time off!

69^boi

HSC
N/A
i decided to wait till my results come back. My career adviser will help do the application and all other stuff

Ken Avalon

HSC
Hey, I'll be doing the HSC at TAFE next year (year 11 drop-out :p) and from all the research i've found like, no tafes do software design. This is my best and favourite subject, so it's very bad for me if i don't do it. Also, any info about Ultimo? How it's like eg.

Adrian.

HSC
Ken Avalon said:
Hey, I'll be doing the HSC at TAFE next year (year 11 drop-out :p) and from all the research i've found like, no tafes do software design. This is my best and favourite subject, so it's very bad for me if i don't do it. Also, any info about Ultimo? How it's like eg.
Yeah, AFAIK you can't do SDD through OTEN either.

lambkin

Ken Avalon said:
Hi there Ken..
have a look at this link..
http://www.tafensw.edu.au/cgi-rdb/r...URSE_TO?VCOURSE_NO=4142&MODE=H&PRINTVER_IND=N
and this one
http://www.tafensw.edu.au/flexible/hsc.htm

don't know about Ultimo tafe personally, sorry! But you should definately aim to do software somewhere if its your favourite subject.. makes all the difference! There's tables on the tafe website that list which subjects are available at which campuses, but I don't think it's up yet. Keep an eye out for that!

good luck with everything

Karlz04

HSC
Does it take the whole year to do the HSC at tafe even if you only do one subject? The exams are still at the same time as people doing it at high school right? Im not happy with my results and Im considering redoing my HSC at tafe next year.

Last edited:

lambkin

Karlz04 said:
Does it take the whole year to do the HSC at tafe even if you only do one subject? The exams are still at the same time as people doing it at high school right? Im not happy with my results and Im considering redoing my HSC at tafe next year.
Hey Karlz.. takes the whole year at TAFE, whether you're doing 1 subject or 6. Bah! Includes prelim as well.. they squish it all into a year. Exams are exactly the same.. you do your trials a bit later though, because there's not really enough time to have gone through all of the HSC work by the time all the schools are doing their trials.
Might still get into UNI or whatever it is you want to do.. keep your fingers crossed, but TAFE is always an option, and it's pretty alright.
Good luck with everything and merry christmas!

lambkin

jb_nc said:
Did everyone that did their HSC at TAFE this year or last get good results? You don't need to post them if you want just say if you did better than school (if you have done it there) or just say good or bad.
My results were alright.. well, I was happy with them anyway :)

2003 - HSC marks
Advanced English - 85
English Extension 1 - 44/50
General Maths - 84

2004 - HSC marks
Biology - 84
Geography - 82
Modern History - 83

UAI - 88.45

Karlz04

HSC
lambkin said:
Hey Karlz.. takes the whole year at TAFE, whether you're doing 1 subject or 6. Bah! Includes prelim as well.. they squish it all into a year. Exams are exactly the same.. you do your trials a bit later though, because there's not really enough time to have gone through all of the HSC work by the time all the schools are doing their trials.
Might still get into UNI or whatever it is you want to do.. keep your fingers crossed, but TAFE is always an option, and it's pretty alright.
Good luck with everything and merry christmas!
Thanks mate. Merry Christmas to you too.

I knew it would finish at the same time, just wasnt sure if it would start right at the start of the year. Ive already done the HSC but want to redo physics, would I have to redo the prelim too?

69^boi

HSC
N/A
hey iambinkin i just wanna know why you decide to spread your hsc over 2 years.
i think you said you dropped out in yr 12 halfway, why not finish it in a yr, were you under some kind of extreme circumstances(e.g family, illness). thanks

lambkin

Karlz04 said:
Thanks mate. Merry Christmas to you too.

I knew it would finish at the same time, just wasnt sure if it would start right at the start of the year. Ive already done the HSC but want to redo physics, would I have to redo the prelim too?
ahh.. starts a bit later, I think.
It depends on the subject.. for instance, for english we did about 2 weeks of preliminary work, and for biology the preliminary topics were mixed in with the HSC ones throughout the year. It's a pain in the ass (I'd already done prelim too), but they get it out of the way pretty quickly, and if you've already done it, no need to worry about doing brilliantly in the prelim assessments or anything.
Might vary from TAFE to TAFE, I'm not sure..

S

Shuter

I was reading the document on the OTED site and it said distance education enrollments must be completed by Febuary 28th if you wish to sit any of those subjects in the 2005 HSC.

lambkin

69^boi said:
hey iambinkin i just wanna know why you decide to spread your hsc over 2 years.
i think you said you dropped out in yr 12 halfway, why not finish it in a yr, were you under some kind of extreme circumstances(e.g family, illness). thanks
There was alot of stress in my personal life at the time.. I wanted to get it all over and done with in one year, but I spoke to the HSC co-ordinator at my TAFE quite a bit before I started, explained my circumstances etc, and he didn't think that I should try and do it all in one year. It was probably pretty likely that I'd have bombed out like I did in high school if I took on too much at that point in time. Everybody's different, but most of the people who did it in one year at my tafe either dropped out, or had a pretty miserable time. I think you're also alot less likely to get a higher UAI if you cram the two years into one.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
i was thinking about doing it over 2 yrs becoz its kind of like less stressful but my friends just get it ova n done with in 1 yr!....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)