Hsc At Tafe? (1 Viewer)

lambkin

69^boi said:
i was thinking about doing it over 2 yrs becoz its kind of like less stressful but my friends just get it ova n done with in 1 yr!....
Each to there own.. maybe start off trying to do it in one year, and if it is too stressful, then drop a couple of subjects and do it over two?

duggoh

Adam
HSC
I'm gonna start the hsc at bradfield college nxt yr which is part of the nth sydney institute of TAFE... and they always seem 2 get into the top percentage whatever in the hsc

69^boi

HSC
N/A
Iambkin good to you mate, hope you make into woteva course you want to do in uni & happy new year

Karlz04

HSC
lambkin said:
ahh.. starts a bit later, I think.
It depends on the subject.. for instance, for english we did about 2 weeks of preliminary work, and for biology the preliminary topics were mixed in with the HSC ones throughout the year. It's a pain in the ass (I'd already done prelim too), but they get it out of the way pretty quickly, and if you've already done it, no need to worry about doing brilliantly in the prelim assessments or anything.
Might vary from TAFE to TAFE, I'm not sure..
Thanks heaps.

phatic

HSC
Ahhh... I got a 67 UAI in 2003, when I really didn't try in the exams... hardly studied... Everyone's like "You'll regret it" and whatnot, and I just shrugged my shoulders... Bah. I really should have thought it through...

Anyway, I'm doing four subjects at North Sydney TAFE next year, hoping to get into B Arts at USYD... or maybe not, I'm still unsure. I'm doing EE1, EE2, Advanced English, and Religious Studies (2).

Anyway, good luck to anyone doing it again. Hopefully we can do better this time...

I wouldn't reccommend doing your whole HSC in one year though, 69^boi. It'd be pretty full on... I wouldn't be able to handle it. If you did well in some subjects just keep those marks and do a few more to improve your UAI like I'm doing. You might want to do say 6 units (3 subjects) in one year, see what UAI you get, then if it's not good enough, do another 2 or 3 subjects the next year. What were your results?

phatic

HSC
Bradfield? Do they run English Extension 2 there? That's the only reason I choe North Sydney...

Karlz04

HSC
They have that? I was going to go there but when i looked at it back in 02 the didnt have EE2.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
go to Ultimo tafe its more competitive...
i was there this yr redoin my hsc

in 2003 i got a UAI of 52.10 doing jack all (highest mark was a mid band 4) and the rest band 3's

an this yr when i reapeated i got a UAI of 78.15
i got 2 mid band 5's an 1 band 6

the only prob wif Ultimo is taht u can only do 3 subs in a yr, u can do the whole 6 but u gotta talk to hsc co-ordinator, i didnt know about taht until mid way thru the yr... if id known i woulda redone all 6 subs

duggoh

Adam
HSC
Yeah, well Bradfield does have extension 2 for yr 12... and u can do all the units u wanna do... i wouldve gone 2 ultimo, but there r more courses at bradfield

Sasky

HSC
Can u do 6 subjects at North Sydney and Bradfield?

Someone told me u cant do the HSC in one yr at Bradfield - do u have to do it in two?

Also, my uai was 74 - is it possible to get 95+ at TAFE?

duggoh

Adam
HSC
u can do as many as u like... but with nth sydney they do night classes and bradfield is only during the day... i'd look into bradfield asap, before all the classes r booked out

69^boi

HSC
N/A
ultimo & bradfield sounds good, is it still worth if it takes like an hour to get there,
duggoh.

duggoh

Adam
HSC
YAH!!! DEFINATELY!

i live in botany, it takes me like a bit over an hr 2 get there 2

Karlz04

HSC
Roughly haow many lessons per week are there for a single subject? Im considering going there but it might not be worth it if I have to travel the distance everyday for an hour or so lesson. I have no idea how tafe courses are structured.

phatic

HSC
I can't speak for Bradfield, but I have a timetable here for North Sydney TAFE. 2 unit day classes have two three-hour sessions per week, and 2 unit night classes have one four-hour session per week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)