HSC Certificate Sent To Wrong Person (1 Viewer)

Coull

HSC
Today I got my HSC hard copy Certificate, the one which says you passed the HSC and gives you all these nice papers showing you were your mark fitted in with everyone else with columns (I went s***). Well anyway the board of studies was kind enough to mail it snugly behind somebody else’s certificate. In fact the only reason I got my certificate today was because I just happen to know this person and even luckier, being in a small country town, was able to see her on the same day completely by chance. Now I don’t know about you but that doesn’t seem to be the best form for a government organisation. I don’t really mind that she got my marks but had it been someone else...

So, does anyone have any recommendations about what I should do about it? Complain because it should never have happens, ignore it because no harm was done... rant like I am doing now...

and on another note, does anyone know how the student numbers are picked. I don’t know what hers is but our last names and birthdays are no were near each. Our first names are but there were others in my class with closer names than hers and I can’t think of any reason why mine and hers would end up together

Lebstr

HSC
u might b a trol, ur a male shes a female, yet u have the same name. interestinggg

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I think the OP is implying that their first names are similar?
But, I think this is a testiment to the Board of Studies power. They knew she was going to open it on the same day that you would see her. I've analyzed your original post thorougly, and I've come to the conclusion that this was not chance. But calculated opportunity to save envelopes...

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Sue the state. No seriously. You'd win. For sure.

kara42

HSC
It was a mistake, but it's really bad of them. I think you should complain, and tell them exactly what you told us - that luckily your friend was the one who got it and not someone else.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Tell the board, might be too much trouble tho...

If you dont really mind it, pretend it never happened

08er

HSC
i reckon you should just let it drop. you already solved the problem and were very lucky

jennieTalia

HSC
08er said:
i reckon you should just let it drop. you already solved the problem and were very lucky
True. But it might be of benefit for people in the future if they mentioned it to them, just to ensure they are a bit more careful. Mistakes do happen, admittedly this could have been a lot worse and these things shouldn't happen with documents of this importance. HOWEVER it seems like a fairly honest and harmless mistake that they just need to be made aware of.

Kaatie

HSC
my sister recieved someone elses sc in her envelope as well

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
This might arguably be a contravention of the NSW privacy legislation - which in certain circumstances could result in an award of damages being made by the Administrative Decisions Tribunal (e.g. as happened in this case, where the Department of Education & Training sent health information about a teacher to the wrong address, causing the teacher psychological harm = $2000).

But as you don't really mind, that obviously wouldn't apply to you. :)

You should let the Board know though. It could cause some students genuine distress.

Coull

HSC
Pain said:
I think the OP is implying that their first names are similar?
But, I think this is a testiment to the Board of Studies power. They knew she was going to open it on the same day that you would see her. I've analyzed your original post thorougly, and I've come to the conclusion that this was not chance. But calculated opportunity to save envelopes...
well yes the cost of envelopes these days are just plain ridiculous but still, you might be right... actually i was inplying that our names are not so similar as to be next to hers in the role. sorry i havent seen her since and i dont have her permission to use her name so...

Lazarus said:
This might arguably be a contravention of the NSW privacy legislation - which in certain circumstances could result in an award of damages being made by the Administrative Decisions Tribunal (e.g. as happened in this case, where the Department of Education & Training sent health information about a teacher to the wrong address, causing the teacher psychological harm = $2000).

But as you don't really mind, that obviously wouldn't apply to you. :)

You should let the Board know though. It could cause some students genuine distress.
my thoughts exactlyt, if i was another person or the person who got it wasn't someone i knew enough to not care if they have my marks (but imagine if i was in a city school...) than that case could have been repeated almost identically but then again i now have a deep mistrust of government organizations that will hinder me for the rest of my life... no... dam (that was a joke by the way)

jennieTalia said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08er

True. But it might be of benefit for people in the future if they mentioned it to them, just to ensure they are a bit more careful. Mistakes do happen, admittedly this could have been a lot worse and these things shouldn't happen with documents of this importance. HOWEVER it seems like a fairly honest and harmless mistake that they just need to be made aware of.
The only problem is that, althought it probably was a clerical error, i cannot see any way that my certificate could have ended up with hers... oh no, someone inside of the BOS hates me :speechless: actually considering that i cant think of the reason for it to have ended up in her envelop, i am probably incredibly lucky that she lives nearby.

dp624 said:
this is pretty fail of them...
yes, yes it is

Timothy.Siu said:
chances are he wont come back to this thread lols
this could shock you but not everyone on the internet is a troll... well ok i am one at other times but right now i am being serious, shock and awe

---
ok i think i shall contact the BOS but i have no attentions of suing the organization that has been teaching me for the last 12 years over a irrelivant clerical mistake, although Kaatie i would suggest showing your sister the case that Lazarus posted and then she forward it onto the persons whose SC she got. S/He might be of a different mind

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
What can I say? The Board of Studies suck. I can't even imagine how pissed I'd be if this happened to me.

My suggested plan of action: send them a complaint and then sue for damages (you're devastated about this, right?).

If all else fails, contact Today Tonight, A Current Affair and 60 Minutes and encourage them to run controversial segments in which they will have the opportunity to denounce the NSW Educational System and expose the frauds at the Board of Studies who are funding extended trips to the Caribbean by cutting down on envelope expenditure.

...Or don't.

But honestly. I'd be pissed.

Last edited:

Coull

HSC
please. i do have some taste. i wouldn't even be seen in the middle of a large crowd three hundred meters away from the shooting of a completely unrelated story about water restrictions that was going to be aired on one of those shows.
i could never live with the same

JollyJohn

HSC
N/A
you've already fucked up by posting that you don't mind on a public forum
this is evidence that there has been no damages

if you played this lawyer style, you could probabyl sue for heaps more than 2k :D

overRun

HSC
Just leave it, it happened to you and u got yours bak so ur lucky,
if it happens to somebody else let them worry about, it was probably a stupid mistake.

LET IT GO y stress over something which doesnt need to be dealt with, let some1 else worry about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)