HSC CSSA English- Toughts (1 Viewer)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
I've heard tomorrow's Mod B speeches question is: "How do the many issues raised by a speaker and the variety of language features and forms employed by him or her interact to produce a speech of lasting integrity?"
You can't mess with us like this 11 hours before the exam :'(

carmela300

HSC
Seems like a lot of people selected the house/shop image for creative. I chose the other one, related better to my idea

Everyone ready for tomorrow? :/

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Todays: great!
Tomorrows: I hope it kills fast.
Loved S1 & S2 today, but I was very unprepared for S3... I hope the markers favour my detailed pages of planning :)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I would, if I knew a single one of my quotes
Advice from someone who's already been through this: Make the quotes up
If any of you are doing speeches and are stuck on memorising quotes, use the title of the speeches as a technique and make up some convincing analysis. Works a chime and can be applied to poetry too.

Caly

HSC
Everyone in my class who came out of the exam is like "Yeah, I liked that exam question. I think I wrote about 5 pages for it." And then there's me. I wrote a page and a half and wish I hadn't handed anything in for that section. It was garbage, pure and simple.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Everyone in my class who came out of the exam is like "Yeah, I liked that exam question. I think I wrote about 5 pages for it." And then there's me. I wrote a page and a half and wish I hadn't handed anything in for that section. It was garbage, pure and simple.
I never wrote that much either to be honest. I think even in the HSC I wrote 2/3 pages for each section in paper 1. And my writing is BIG.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Advice from someone who's already been through this: Make the quotes up
If any of you are doing speeches and are stuck on memorising quotes, use the title of the speeches as a technique and make up some convincing analysis. Works a chime and can be applied to poetry too.
shit , I see this right after my exam :(

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Does that seriously work though?? Like how can they not pick out a made up quote???
Who's bothered? They have millions of essays to mark. They skim through everything most of the time, and sometimes may not even read your body paragraphs.

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Who's bothered? They have millions of essays to mark. They skim through everything most of the time, and sometimes may not even read your body paragraphs.
Sweet!! Thanks :) gonna make studying hsc so much better than trials...

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
Does that seriously work though?? Like how can they not pick out a made up quote???
well; do you think the marker has memorised every single speech? just make it sound like it's true. At least thought try to make it sound legit, "we express our dear condolences" (Paul Keating) as opposed to "sorrah brah for ya loss cuz"

Pretty much this. I know my teacher (HSC marker since like jesus did it) said they spend roughly 3-4 min per each average essay. If they can't read it, etc they give it to the senior marker and move on.

science

HSC
cub3root the question was nothing like what you said.... as i said :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)