HSC Exam (1 Viewer)

terminator69

HSC
Just to make sure, should we have 3 essays (one on each module; A B and C) and a piece of creative writing pre-prepared? And will we have 40 mins to complete each one?

If so, do you think it will become a common practice for students to prepare these ASAP and continue handing them in for marking to perfect them?

Thanks.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Just to make sure, should we have 3 essays (one on each module; A B and C) and a piece of creative writing pre-prepared? And will we have 40 mins to complete each one?

If so, do you think it will become a common practice for students to prepare these ASAP and continue handing them in for marking to perfect them?

Thanks.
u should prepare more than one for each...and same for creative writing. and yes students will try to have really good essays before, and just write them

dp624

HSC
got it pretty correct the details
but don't be too narrow

bored of sc

HSC
One more question: what will be in each paper (1 and 2)?
Paper 1 - AOS (belonging)
Section 1: Comprehension short answers on unseen texts
Section 2: Imaginative/creative writing (usually based on stimulus)
Section 3: Analytical/essay type writing

Paper 2 - Modules
Module A: Comparative
Module B: Critical
Module C: Representation

Be prepared for a variety of text types. It may very well be 4 essays and a narrative but don't put all your eggs in this basket. For instance, our half yearly for comparative was letters.

dp624

HSC
i rkn this year's hsc will be pretty lenient overall in terms of questions and text types

bored of sc

HSC
i rkn this year's hsc will be pretty lenient overall in terms of questions and text types
I sure hope you're right and we get 4 essays and a short story. That would be great.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
We're going to get 1 Belonging essay, and 1 Belonging creative writing piece, both in Paper A. Then we'll get 3 essays (one for each module) in Paper B.

i'll probably cry if we don't haha.

The speech wasn't so bad.

Was it...?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
We're going to get 1 Belonging essay, and 1 Belonging creative writing piece, both in Paper A. Then we'll get 3 essays (one for each module) in Paper B.

The speech wasn't so bad.

Was it...?
the creative writing speech? it was crap. haha. i kid. it wasn't too bad, but to think on my feet i'd rather a short story.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
No way, stories are much harder to write on the spot. Plus with speeches you can forget proper literary conventions and just write "I did this..." as much as you want, therefore easier for non-english-skilled people

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
No way, stories are much harder to write on the spot. Plus with speeches you can forget proper literary conventions and just write "I did this..." as much as you want, therefore easier for non-english-skilled people
are you trying to say something about me? haha.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
are you trying to say something about me? haha.

Haha, that was meant to say "therefore easier for us non-english-skilled people" - I'm including myself here. But I thought you openly despise English, you weren't offended were you?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Haha, that was meant to say "therefore easier for us non-english-skilled people" - I'm including myself here. But I thought you openly despise English, you weren't offended were you?
obviously not =]].

up from 97th to 57th yayyyyyyy!!!!! =]].

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
That might be true, but it's much easier to make a flexible short story than a speech (if you prepare of course).

Gah i should finish my English essay =="

dp624

HSC
That might be true, but it's much easier to make a flexible short story than a speech (if you prepare of course).

Gah i should finish my English essay =="
some stimuli get reallllyyy specific though xP

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
some stimuli get reallllyyy specific though xP
True, but they're usually the same old thing in different words. And plus, you'd prepare one that you could twist if they give you something like show how the emotion bla bla is depicted ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)