HSC Extension 2 Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

MrGresh

HSC
Wait I think I'm gonna get around 85 as my raw mark for the HSC, but I got like around 65 for internals, with my rank being 12th in the cohort. Will this be enough to pull a E4???
Honestly it's impossible to know. It's definitely not impossible, but it depends on how your cohort does and how well this exam adjusts.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
surely maths ext 2 won't align this badly! ext 1 normally does better than that
I thought This year’s exam was a lot easier than the usual, and from what I’m hearing on here a lot of others think the same, so marks might scale a bit worse than expected. Also marks scale worse the closer you get to the top. But I’m not an expect 😂 just someone trying to help out
Cheers

Xanthi

HSC
Here is a potential aligning chart for this year, since there seems to quite some interest.

Each line is self-consistent, that is, if one point is correct, the others should be as well.

The central line represents a reasonable estimate for this year, but it of course could be wrong by a little or a lot.

The blue shaded area represents relatively "higher" aligning, while the green shaded represents relatively "lower" aligning which could be considered like an uncertainty zone.

2020 Math Extension 2 Alignment Possibilities.jpg

Edits: These are just estimates by considering past aligning, specifically 2017 where the cut-off for band 6 was 76. The (potentially) more important thing here is that the lines are self-consistent as explained above, so feel free to choose a band 6 cutoff as you think is realistic and extrapolate to other points.

Last edited:

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Here is a potential aligning chart for this year, since there seems to quite some interest.

Each line is self-consistent, that is, if one point is correct, the others should be as well.

The central line represents a reasonable estimate for this year, but it of course could be wrong by a little or a lot.

The blue shaded area represents relatively "higher" aligning, while the green shaded represents relatively "lower" aligning which could be considered like an uncertainty zone.

View attachment 29289
Legend

MrGresh

HSC

View attachment 29289

Edits: These are just estimates by considering past aligning, specifically 2017 where the cut-off for band 6 was 76. The (potentially) more important thing here is that the lines are self-consistent as explained above, so feel free to choose a band 6 cutoff as you think is realistic and extrapolate to other points.
May i ask how this was made?

shashysha

HSC

View attachment 29289

potential e4 cutoff of 84 in 4u never thought id see the day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)