HSC Extension 2 Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Xanthi

HSC
Aligning data, since we have no idea how the cohort did
Nesa uses a linear model, so you can figure it out that way once you set a b6 cutoff with appropriate rounding.

The b6 cutoffs are predictions by comparing previous years performance/difficulty with the general perception of this year's- which is difficult to predict hence the huge uncertainty range.

MrGresh

HSC
Nesa uses a linear model, so you can figure it out that way once you set a b6 cutoff with appropriate rounding.

The b6 cutoffs are predictions by comparing previous years performance/difficulty with the general perception of this year's- which is difficult to predict hence the huge uncertainty range.
Ok fair enough. Ik I sound like a douche rn but are u an expert in 4u exams? like a tutor or teacher or something?

Xanthi

HSC
Idk man, trend from the last couple of years is max 75 for an e4 cutoff....

I understand this year's will be higher but unless there is some magic behind this, then it is a (slightly more) educated guess.
Yep, all the b6 cutoffs themselves are a educated guess but once you set that the rest is consistent- so at least that part isn't a guess.

Xanthi

HSC
Ok fair enough. Ik I sound like a douche rn but are u an expert in 4u exams? like a tutor or teacher or something?
Nope! Just something to sort of compile all the guesses going on about how some score is going to align

MrGresh

HSC
Nope! Just something to sort of compile all the guesses going on about how some score is going to align
Oh ok cool, just wondering because the graph looked v fancy :)

I sincerely hope your graph is wrong though because I think i got 80 :/

MrGresh

HSC
Interesting: Rui over at AN (which seems to be a dirty word over on this forum haha) reckons high 70's cutoff...

"I think a lot of people underestimate the paper's difficulty. It leaned on the easier end of things, but I didn't really feel it was a blessing or anything.

I feel like worst case E4 cut-off would be around 81. I still think high end 70s should be enough. But who knows; won't find out until release of results day at earliest."

So I guess we will see!

idkkdi

HSC
Interesting: Rui over at AN (which seems to be a dirty word over on this forum haha) reckons high 70's cutoff...

"I think a lot of people underestimate the paper's difficulty. It leaned on the easier end of things, but I didn't really feel it was a blessing or anything.

I feel like worst case E4 cut-off would be around 81. I still think high end 70s should be enough. But who knows; won't find out until release of results day at earliest."

So I guess we will see!
some of the questions seem stupid easy. q15 first part in particular stands out with a proof by literally factorising K^3 + 1 into (k+1)(k^2-k+1). imo, lots of questions looked like easy marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)