HSC Italian exam (1 Viewer)

s2ophie

HSC
wow, learning italian from such a young age! I wish i could of. I didn't start until yr 8 and not properly until yr 9. I suppose your lucky because you must just have this huge library of words and knowledge to delve into to!

Where in italy did you go to? I went with the school trip at the end of yr 10 for a month. We went to Rome, Siena and Venice (plus florence and Pisa for a day) and while we were in Siena we went to languages school there.) It was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to go again and hopefully for part of my uni course i will go to uni over there for a year.

Kakie

we landed in rome, that day we went siena florence, the next day were sposed to go to pisa but our retarded tour guide decided to not take us and we went to veince then trieste then ciampino, rome for homestay for 2 weeks, i also wanna go back, what uni course do u want to do??

s2ophie

HSC
either B arts (international relations) at ANU or a B Inernational studies at UNSW.

I loved Siena!! It was such a home-like environment. We stayed ther for the longest but it was so good!! Did you have gelati from the gelati shop outside the oldest bank in the world? that was the best in all of italy!!

Kakie

OH did i miss the worlds oldest bank?? che schifo!
com'era? vecchio?? haha sono stanca...mi fa stupida
what did you think of teh rest of the places you went to and did you see any "shopping centres"??

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
hahaha shopping centres *cough*

seriously, where do they buy their clothes???

s2ophie

HSC
i can't remember exactly how old the bank was but we would sit under this marble stutue in the FREEZING middle of winter cold and one day we looked up and there was all these marble faces staring down at us from the edges of the bank building. the gelati place was just down from the nannini bar and oh!!!! it was so good. 5 scoops in a massive cone and you needed a spoon to eat it!!

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by Kakie

what did you think of teh rest of the places you went to and did you see any "shopping centres"??
Um where to start...

Rome was really hectic and it was the first place we went to so i was still hyperexcite and jetlagged

Siena was probably my fave. aaahhhh.

Pisa seemed a lot like a nothing town with one pretty big claim to fame!!! i couldn't believe it when i saw it becuase it really is quite crooked!! climbing i was a very different senstation. it felt like you were going up and down at the same time!

Florence was really beautiful and i would love to see more of it. we were only there for a day and spent all morning in the markets so there wasn't much time. But seeing the david era mozzafiatto! (i think thats the word!)

Venice was just so amazing. It totally ruined the magic though when we cought a bus to the airport to go home!!

And yes, i didn't see any shopping centres!!

Now you have to tell me about your adventures!!

Kakie

ok so we landed at rome airport and got on a bus to siena, were we stayed for lunch, we had pizza at spizzico - HOW CUTE ARE THOSE SPIZZICI??? anyway so then late that afternoon we got back on the bus and went to firenze.

the first night we were in firenze we went to a bar with the teachers - there were 2 schools there (hi to the engadeenees if u guys read this). the next day we did touristy things and we went to the markets and went to the DWOMO(as said by the teacher) and met some hot venetian boys!! yummy

the day after that we went to venice and spent the day there, shopping, doge's palace, laughing at the africans calling "hello pretty lady" after us trying to sell fake prada bags

the next day we went to trieste - to the place where they filmed la vita e` bella. we went back to venice that night then to rome again

when in rome we met our homestays and went home with them. mine showed me around ciampino - which is wehre they lived - that nite.

next day we went to school. it was horrible. the walls were so blank and empty except for the euro poster!! we satyed at the school for 2 weeks, and in the afternoons went sight-seeing around rome, and the local areas.
during the 2 weeks, our group went to pompeii and also to the baci/perugina factory!! wow it was awesome!

i didnt see any shopping centres as such tehy had a block of department looking stores in rome if it counts - near castel sant'angelo - next to a roundabout!! anyway
thats my life story
anyone else who has un avventuro italiano...
TELL US!!

and i also have a story about my umm "boyfriend" - we had a year long distance relo but i...yeh if u wanna know it ill tell ya

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Kakie
the baci/perugina factory!! wow it was awesome!

omg, u lucky thing!!

well my 'adventure'... ahh i was there 4 about a month. went to rome, venice(i luv that place!! ) , pompeii(i really liked it!), florence (wasn't as good as u guys found it), siena, a couple of other touristy places - all i can say is there r so many churches! twas great!!

and i'm still thinking about kakie going to the baci factory!!! can't believe it!

Last edited:

Kakie

ok quando sono stata in italia andavo alla scuola colla mia ospita`anyway english now...umm on my second last day (my last day at school) me and cri jigged science AS YOU DO!! and went to the better offer playing soccer outside...now as it was the middle of winter and there was ICE!! yes ICE!! on the soccer field so all these YUMMY!! 17 year old guys were playing soccer wearing long pants and long sleeved tops... then there was thins ONE guy wearing tshirt and shorts...(here is where it gets MA15+ish) haha NOT anyway he was STUNNING!! and he was best friends wif cri(not that i knew THAT at the time) so he came over and he asked her in italian to introduce me so i stood up i go Ciao mi chiamo Kate te? and he goes ummm not sure what to say and the Alessio and i was like oh Piacere(i had been waiting since yr 8 to use that word too!!) k so then that nite we were going to Luneur which is in sth roma and is like our Luna Park! and he invited himself cos cri, her sister and their friend were all taking dates so i would have been the 3,4,5,6,7th wheel!! eewww. ok so when we got there he took me to the ferris wheel THE MOST AMAZING ferris wheel ever. you know how most of them have bars and stuff?? ok well this one had glass and fairy lights WOW!! and it was extremely romantic. so we get to the top and stop and i can see al of ROME and he pulls my head to face him and in his CUTE CUTE broken english goes you are most beautiful girl in come si dice mondo? (me-world) ah si si in world and then kissed me...the next day (my last day) i wake up to knocking at the front door so i went downstairs cos i was the only one awake in the house and hes standing there in his pjs (i think its his aunty who lives two doors down from cri!! and yeh) and i was in mine and i go to hime what are you doing here? and he sed i came for you! and so i let him in and we went and sat on my bed and hugged and cried YES HE CRIED TOO!! and then we had to say goodbye...but im going back in 5 years and were gonna get married!!

that story is basically what i wrote for my english area of study creative question as you can probably tell it was not at all creative except for a few fabricated descriptions - as most cretive writing tasks are!! haha

s2ophie

HSC
ohhhhhhh that is so sweet.

When you were there did you notice how out there italian guys are in checking you out! At one stage we were walking in Siena and these two guys were following saying some very suggestive things which we didn't understand. Another time when we wree ont he train to Firenze, 2 guys kept on staring at us. It was a relief to come home and not notice that guys were staring at you! Aussie guys are much more subtle!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by s2ophie
ohhhhhhh that is so sweet.

When you were there did you notice how out there italian guys are in checking you out! At one stage we were walking in Siena and these two guys were following saying some very suggestive things which we didn't understand. Another time when we wree ont he train to Firenze, 2 guys kept on staring at us. It was a relief to come home and not notice that guys were staring at you! Aussie guys are much more subtle!
haha really? its better 2 b subtle if u ask me

Kakie

well italian guys will get me everytime...in fact this morning i spoke to alessio for the first time in threemonths only for him to tell me him mum died....:( its so sad, and he knows how much i wanna be there for him, but i dont know what to say in italian to comfort him!!!!!!!!!
oh my what do i dooooooo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)