HSC Legal Studies Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah so why would they ask that again if they already asked that in 2015... I dont think itll be on international crime
Because it hasn't been repeated yet, and it's only asked once. Also, students didn't perform so well in it so they may want to test us again.

JP2020

HSC
What are 3 arguments that can be generated from the use of defences?

teddy123

HSC
I only have one argument for defenses which is on provocation and the introduction of the crimes amendment(provocation) act 2014. If we get a specific question on it i will die

beetree1

HSC
Provocation, controversial, still exists in NSW and not any other states - highlights need for law reform
Mental Illness (protecting inhabitant individuals) - balances rights of society, individuals, offenders
Self defence (allows individuals to protect themselves from unsafe situations) but ambiguity of "reasonable force" highlights need for law reform due to possible inconsistencies and mistreatment under law.

:) i hope we dont get this question though, i will cry

beetree1

HSC
What do we reckon the cutoff raw mark for B6 for legal studies is?

ElleEmDee

HSC
N/A
How many paragraphs do you all write for the crime essay and for option essays? Is two enough?

studiesofboard

HSC
How many paragraphs do you all write for the crime essay and for option essays? Is two enough?
That is what I was thinking of doing. However, 2 body paragraphs would get you a C. I think doing 3 is good as that would get you into the b and a range as you would be using more examples. :)

teddy123

HSC
I personally put extra time towards the crime question so i can get 3 paragraphs on it. For options i normally get 3-4 depending on time and paragraph length. I think 2 in crime would be fine if they have good arguments, evidence and length.

studiesofboard

HSC
I personally put extra time towards the crime question so i can get 3 paragraphs on it. For options i normally get 3-4 depending on time and paragraph length. I think 2 in crime would be fine if they have good arguments, evidence and length.
Do you think 3 body paragraphs is enough for the options? I have one essay with 3 body paragraphs and another with 4. I am not sure if that is enough. :)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys how would you answer a question in relation to compliance and non compliance in regards to criminal law?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)