HSC markers (1 Viewer)

historykidd

HSC
gaoOO said:
I don't think that's right- i heard that the exam papers get sorted by texts/questions into bundles of around 20 papers. At the marking centre, these smaller bundles are then distributed to teachers after ensuring that they don't have their own school etc.

So if you're in a cohort of around 150 like i am, then it's likely that not all your papers will be marked by the same people.

On the original topic, no the chances of getting caught are not that great, but this is an example of small possibility, large risk. If you get caught, i'm sure you'll get 0 for this paper, and probably won't obtain a UAI due to 'malpractice' of some sort.

A few similar phrases, especially in essays, won't matter- could just be a phrase the teacher likes to use.
Thank christ.

morganforrest

HSC
Seriously though...just write your own friggin essay....It's not that difficult

Do your own bloody work!

:bomb: :burn:

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
tash. said:
my friend said that his teachers told him that hsc markers are told not to penalise people with the same essay. he was pretty positive that this was the truth but is he definitely mistaked?
Any candidate who uses the same quote for a certain text should receive no marks ?

morganforrest said:

Do your own bloody work!

HSC: All My Own Work

Last edited:

tash.

HSC
morganforrest said:

Do your own bloody work!

relax. its not like he's using your story?:confused:
anyway i called my teacher and she said its way unlikely to be caught so ..yes.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
tash. said:
relax. its not like he's using your story?:confused:
anyway i called my teacher and she said its way unlikely to be caught so ..yes.

Plagiarism is plagiarism though. Image how students feel when they themselves have to come up with their own ideas and shock horror write their own original stories.

It is creative writing after all and coming in with a story you can your mates made prepared before the exam isn't exactly creative. It probably won't answer the question to well either, or the way they want you to write/structure your story either.

And quote are a little different since they expect that and you are using quotations.

In short be creative on the day and write your own story then you wont have to worry about "getting caught". :)

ctkid

HSC
what if someone was to use an essay exactly word to word to an essay written by a student last year? whats the chances of that getting caught? i know quite a few people who are doing that...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ctkid said:
what if someone was to use an essay exactly word to word to an essay written by a student last year? whats the chances of that getting caught? i know quite a few people who are doing that...
I certainly wouldn't be proud of myself for doing it. :mad1:

Seriously, why take the risk?

ctkid

HSC
tanjin said:
I certainly wouldn't be proud of myself for doing it. :mad1:

Seriously, why take the risk?
ye but isnt it true that hsc markers are different every year and its not like they are going to keep past answers from last yearit is a bit slack but ye people do do it...

samuel slack

HSC
Basically, you're not going to be able to get full marks, because you're using an answer to a question that won't be the same as what they ask this year. You can look forward to being classified by the HSC markers as one of the "weaker responses" who used a pre-prepared essay.

sideshowtim

HSC
samuel slack said:
They busted 6 people for plagiarism last year. I wouldn't do it, even though you haven't got much chance of being caught, what if you were? It isn't that hard to write your own story. seriously.
Only 6? 6 out of how many students? Tens of thousands?

I'd say he's got a pretty good shot of going unnoticed. His and his mate's idea is hardly a new one.

sideshowtim

HSC
samuel slack said:
Basically, you're not going to be able to get full marks, because you're using an answer to a question that won't be the same as what they ask this year. You can look forward to being classified by the HSC markers as one of the "weaker responses" who used a pre-prepared essay.
This is true. Learn from my mistakes. Do NOT go into the exam with one story and one story only in mind. Unless you're lucky, it 'aint gonna work out.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i know this guy who is planning on using my friend's story in the exam. my friend wrote the story himself and i think its really unfair that this guy is just gonna take it and use it, they go to different schools and they'll probably sound different cos this guy isn't the best at english, but still i think it's really lazy and slack. And if they get caught, man i'd feel so sorry for my friend because he didn't do anything wrong just gave it to this guy to look at for ideas.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
sideshowtim said:
This is true. Learn from my mistakes. Do NOT go into the exam with one story and one story only in mind. Unless you're lucky, it 'aint gonna work out.
I've written a story and am remembering it in the hope that I do get lucky.

If I do, awesome. If not, there's not a lot I could have done to prepare in the first place.

embo1989

HSC
My boyfriend and i are doing the same creavtive coz we wrote it together - my idea, his writing skills - obviously it will differ but its both about money, a beach and a clown. we go to different schools but near eachother.. they wouldnt go to that much effort to check up on it when there are 60000 of us sitting the same exam!

good luck tomro
xx

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
ctkid said:
In those students answer books, there was a response that looked strikingly similar to a sample answer from an Excel book. It was branded a low range response because it didn't really direct to the question very well.

HSC
u dont get 0, u get what u get, my teacher is a hsc marker n he said that he has seen a lot of "the same" essays, and he said that he and the other markers nva giv 0 for that as well.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
sanjeevprasad99 said:
u dont get 0, u get what u get, my teacher is a hsc marker n he said that he has seen a lot of "the same" essays, and he said that he and the other markers nva giv 0 for that as well.
If you're like me and have picked obscure texts it's unlikely that anyone will have anything similar anywayy, win :D

Argh I shouldn't have drunk that can of Coke I'm all hyper now. I just managed to learn all of my quotes by acting them out hardcore, maybe I should take a shot to calm me down :p

sinist4

HSC
sif it would matter... unless u are going to match it word for word. Well by the time u read this it'll b over anyway hahaha. No more AOS. XD

sinist4

HSC
his rite... but u no wat i hate. i heard i cant copy my own fecking work. Well at uts we use "turn it in" and they said it is still shows up as plagiarism. if thats true thats totally BS. (even if i make reference to myself) :mad:

anyway back on the subject.

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Stupidest idea ever. One of you is better than the other, therefore meaning that someone is being unfairly brought up or one of you is being unfairly pushed down.

I hope you get 5/15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)