HSC Physics Marathon 2017 (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Compare the inertial and non-inertial frame of references. (3)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
derive the formula T = nBIA cos(theta)
I can only think of equating F = nBIL and F = T/d to get nBIL = T/d, T = nBILd (and L*d = Area of rectangle/square) and you just add in the cos theta as the angle between the plane of the coil and the magnetic field... something like that...

Compare the inertial and non-inertial frame of references. (3)
I can't make a table on here so I'll just do dot points:
- Inertial frames are non-accelerating while non-inertial frames are accelerating.
- Inertial frames obey Newton's laws of classical mechanics while non-inertial frames do not.
- Inertial frames are accounted for by Einstein's special theory of relativity while non-inertial frames are accounted for by Einstein's general theory of relativity.
- Inertial frames obey Newton's first law and non-inertial frames have fictitious forces to explain motion caused by no net force, e.g. centrifugal force.

Should be enough for 3 marks I think...

neelpats

HSC
Outline how our understanding of time and space have changed since the publication of the theory of Special Relativity. How is this theory "Special"? (4 Marks)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Its been a while!

CHALLENGE QUESTION

Every millennium Super Thuc and Super Brian fly to planet X to have a rap battle, which is 30 light years from their home planets. Planet Beast and Planet Guan respectively. But Thuc, having perfected his speed, travels at 0.8c whilst Brian only does 0.6c. How much older (or younger) will Thuc be then Brian.

jathu123

HSC
Its been a while!

CHALLENGE QUESTION

Every millennium Super Thuc and Super Brian fly to planet X to have a rap battle, which is 30 light years from their home planets. Planet Beast and Planet Guan respectively. But Thuc, having perfected his speed, travels at 0.8c whilst Brian only does 0.6c. How much older (or younger) will Thuc be then Brian.
LOL THIS QUESTION! hahah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)