HSC Preparation (1 Viewer)

miniwaybzz

HSC
N/A
hey guys,
abit more than a month until the HSC and the only subject i haven't studied for is AdEnglish. So i guess what i want to ask is, what are some good ways to start studying for the HSC ?
Would writing essays for generic questions on each module and memorising them be sufficient ?

Last edited:

taeyang

HSC
Less than a month? hold on to your horses sonny. We still have a month and 1 week to go.

Bobbo1

HSC
A month and 1 week to go? Hold on to your horses taeyang. We still have a month and a week and 3 days to go

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
hey guys,
abit more than a month until the HSC and the only subject i haven't studied for is AdEnglish. So i guess what i want to ask is, what are some good ways to start studying for the HSC ?
Would writing essays for generic questions on each module and memorising them be sufficient ?
Memorise your quotes and techniques - not your essays. Tell me, how can you prepare a perfect answer for a question you haven't seen? It's like going into a maths exam with the numbers 1, 4 and 6pi/5 in your head and expecting them to be the answers to the integrals or something.

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Memorise your quotes and techniques - not your essays. Tell me, how can you prepare a perfect answer for a question you haven't seen? It's like going into a maths exam with the numbers 1, 4 and 6pi/5 in your head and expecting them to be the answers to the integrals or something.
you cant really apply the same concept of english to maths....personally for prepartion l will just remember[memorise] essays and learn how to adapt them to different questions.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
you cant really apply the same concept of english to maths....personally for prepartion l will just remember[memorise] essays and learn how to adapt them to different questions.
It's a metaphor. I don't agree with memorising essays, but if you do memorise them - then you have to learn how to adapt them.

taeyang

HSC
It's a metaphor. I don't agree with memorising essays, but if you do memorise them - then you have to learn how to adapt them.
It is not that bad adapting them, for most of mine I just answer a question then I look where I have answered the question in the essay and replace that spot with a blank space to indicate that I should relate to the question there. Besides, it's not like he is remembering an essay that is answering a question, it is a generic one. I agree with you though, remember the quotes and the techniques, but that is not to say don't remember them in the form of an essay.

What am I saying, you did EX2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)