hsc related suicides, iv heard about 20 this year (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
well some people aren't as lucky as you are. Atleast you can think positively and these people who want to kill themselves obviously need some sort of support which they aren't getting.

Plus when you feel like killing yourself you feel that there is no one there for you.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
joujou_84 said:
i feel sorry for the distraught parents and family they leave behind....
Parents are supposed to provide emotional support during the stressful HSC period. Students that do live through the HSC have this support. Those who kill themselves don't have this support, either because they don't seek support from parents or it's the parents' fault for not providing support when it is needed.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Komaticom said:
Parents are supposed to provide emotional support during the stressful HSC period. Students that do live through the HSC have this support. Those who kill themselves don't have this support, either because they don't seek support from parents or it's the parents' fault for not providing support when it is needed.
fair enough......

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Students who sadly kill themselves are often filled with hatred and dispair for both the world and their parents. It is probably more often than not that students will kill themselves after an argument with their parents or the release of poor grades. Kids who kill themselves because of poor grades, their parents owe a lot to them since that it was probably them in the first place who set such a high benchmark that even the slightest shortcomings strikes fear into the child's minds. As for arguments with parents, we've all had our share of being blasted by our parents, it's sad how we don't often see from the other persons point of view, parents don't take the time to listen and understand what the kid is trying to say, and also cannot understand how something means a lot to the kid while it might mean nothing to them. And vice versa, kids do not know that their parents do actually want to protect them when they say no to something.

In this day and age where even some toilet cleaners have to be uni graduates, the amount of pressure kids gets is unmeasurable. Just the fact that UAI-cutoffs had been increasing by so much over the years is proof that students requirements and benchmarks are getting harder to acheive.

Furthermore, to me, if you could face the fact of your own death, what can't you face in this world. To me, death is probably the thing i want to prevent most in anyone i love and me. If the figures are true, those 20 people must have some hidden talent that was undiscovered and destroyed due to the pressure and effort needed for the hsc.

For future kids and parents, I suggest doing something that you enjoy and have a passion for, not something that will get you a good job for the rat race.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Hehe...i was just saying what was on my mind ^^

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
one of the biology teachers told a student she would never get 100 with her subjects, she burst into tears in her english in her inclass assessment task today

the drama

SipSip

HSC
N/A
What is up with teachers who do that...to me, it seems like they've lost the love for teaching to say something like that. They need a holiday to refind the reason why they choose teaching in the first place...i mean, it certainly wasn't the pay...but yeah...adults don't seem to know that some things they say could really hurt people..

HSC
Two things, if you cant handle the stress of the hsc then you shouldn't be alive, as harsh as that may sound. It really isn't stressful, all you have to do is realise that it is not the end of the world, also the fact that if you stress out for this, when you manage a business goodluck because times it by 100. As for the second pt, the two people that have committed suicide this year that i no of, did so because they were bi polar and not because of the hsc.
I think it’s outrageous that you could say that someone should kill themselves if they are stressed because of the HSC. It is extremely stressful for some, including me and it’s very inconsiderate to say such a thing. There are plenty of other ways to replace the HSC with other methods of testing.

jonolad69

HSC
I think it’s outrageous that you could say that someone should kill themselves if they are stressed because of the HSC. It is extremely stressful for some, including me and it’s very inconsiderate to say such a thing. There are plenty of other ways to replace the HSC with other methods of testing.
sorry but i dont think hes gonna see this bro

shoulfer

HSC
Two things, if you cant handle the stress of the hsc then you shouldn't be alive, as harsh as that may sound. It really isn't stressful, all you have to do is realise that it is not the end of the world, also the fact that if you stress out for this, when you manage a business goodluck because times it by 100. As for the second pt, the two people that have committed suicide this year that i no of, did so because they were bi polar and not because of the hsc.
FR

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
bruv we all do the same HSC just deal with it and have some mental fortitude. he simply gave it to you straight he is 100% correct.

harperissleepy

HSC
agreed
ppl dont realise that if youre already sick things like this will feel 100% times worse, if youre struggling with your mental health the tiniest things will set you off and spiral; its not your fault
australia is a shithole whhen it comes to support for ppl who are mentally ill
look at all the recent violent attacks and the rate of depression for younger ppl right now
people are sufferin and most people arent getting the help they need (probably because the culture and/or how expensive it is to actually get help :/)

liamkk112

HSC
agreed
ppl dont realise that if youre already sick things like this will feel 100% times worse, if youre struggling with your mental health the tiniest things will set you off and spiral; its not your fault
australia is a shithole whhen it comes to support for ppl who are mentally ill
look at all the recent violent attacks and the rate of depression for younger ppl right now
people are sufferin and most people arent getting the help they need (probably because the culture and/or how expensive it is to actually get help :/)
i’d argue it’s 90% the culture bc compared to other countries we have a pretty decent amount of mental health help, not to say we can’t do better but yea

axe

HSC
its not even the hsc's fault we have it so much easier compared to some other countries. people who kill themselves over the hsc most certainly have other mental health issues. what other methods do we have for testing anyways? ofc its stressful but is a regular person going to kill themselves over it? probably not 🤷

harperissleepy

HSC
i’d argue it’s 90% the culture bc compared to other countries we have a pretty decent amount of mental health help, not to say we can’t do better but yea
ruh as someone whos gone to therapy before do you know how expensive it is
im lucky to be privileged enough to be able to afford it
a ton of australians esp rn are living paycheck to paycheck, so many people caant afford to pay like hundreds of dollars once a week for support

shoulfer

HSC
ruh as someone whos gone to therapy before do you know how expensive it is
im lucky to be privileged enough to be able to afford it
a ton of australians esp rn are living paycheck to paycheck, so many people caant afford to pay like hundreds of dollars once a week for support
why are they living paycheck to paycheck?? they should just get a larger paycheck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)