HSC Result Check - Do they do anything? (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
I may it wont have a huge chance though
Why? If they've added it up incorrectly, I don't see why you wouldn't have a chance for it to be corrected or at least acknowledged.

varun_294

HSC
Why? If they've added it up incorrectly, I don't see why you wouldn't have a chance for it to be corrected or at least acknowledged.
Sorry typo i meant it wont have a major change to my atar. Im just shocked how they failed to pick it up!

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
You cannot just add the individual marks and compare that to the total, which you seem to be doing. You have to account for optional question scaling:

Once the marking operation is complete the marks awarded to a student for each question in an examination are added up to produce the students’ raw examination mark. For those examinations that consist of some compulsory questions and some optional questions an additional step is taken before the marks are added up. A process referred to as ‘optional question scaling’ is applied. The final marks awarded to the students who have answered each optional question are statistically adjusted by taking into account the pattern of marks gained by that group of students on the compulsory questions. This ensures students are not unfairly advantaged or disadvantaged by choosing an easier or more difficult optional question.

HSC
Uni Grad
You cannot just add the individual marks and compare that to the total, which you seem to be doing. You have to account for optional question scaling:

Once the marking operation is complete the marks awarded to a student for each question in an examination are added up to produce the students’ raw examination mark. For those examinations that consist of some compulsory questions and some optional questions an additional step is taken before the marks are added up. A process referred to as ‘optional question scaling’ is applied. The final marks awarded to the students who have answered each optional question are statistically adjusted by taking into account the pattern of marks gained by that group of students on the compulsory questions. This ensures students are not unfairly advantaged or disadvantaged by choosing an easier or more difficult optional question.
What about maths extension 1? My recorded mark was 68/84 but when I calculated it all together it was 69/84, and there are no option topics for maths. Everything is compulsory. Does that mean I can still contact the BoS about this issue?

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
What about maths extension 1? My recorded mark was 68/84 but when I calculated it all together it was 69/84, and there are no option topics for maths. Everything is compulsory. Does that mean I can still contact the BoS about this issue?
You should ring the hsc hotline on 131 112 to discuss.

varun_294

HSC

Ohk.. il try call them anyway. no harm in trying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)