HSC Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hopefully we don't get some dodgy stuff like that mangoes last year ;(
Tbh found one of the other texts harder than the mangoes one (I forgot which one) but yea the mangoes poem wasn't the WORST of the texts (imo)...

parallaxd12

HSC
I'm honestly so annoyed because I forgot to implement the quote into the creative

Exp

HSC
What's the max possible mark for a creative that didn't really answer the stimulus?? 'write a about 2 different perspectives on discovery and include the quote.'

I had included the quote in the writing but just implied the different perspective part since I ran out of time to really delve into my creative :c

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Short answer: I did as best as I could do. The poem about the antarctic ship was a bit ridiculous, but nonetheless, the questions were pretty much what i was expecting. Weird how they asked us for two texts in a four marker though :/
Creative: Went great, had two different perspectives in my text so I just brought those out. The quote was also pretty understandable for me.
Essay: Was good as well, a bit tricky but I managed to adapt well enough. Only one related text was nice as well :)

Overall it was what I expected and I'm happy with it (although the supervisor literally rolled their eyes when i asked for a 5th writing booklet like excuse me).

studygirl118

HSC
The essay question was stupid and did not fit our prescribed. All that preparing for NOTHING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
It's easy for you, you do 4u English :c

jjuunnee

HSC
Overall reasonably hard actually I though

Short answer was alright- very very strange layout

Essay was meh the ideas in the question re rediscovery really didn’t suit our prescribed- Motorcycle Diaries

Story was alright just had to rush slightly
our prescribed text was also mcd!!! our whole grade basically died when we saw the rediscovery bit hahah

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
I found it hard to get many good techniques out of texts 1 and 3 so I BS’d a little.

I didnt read the “two perspectives” part of the stimulus but my prepared already sort of had two perspectives so it shouldn’t be too bad.

Essay was okay, surprised they didnt ask for two related.

The only thing I needed going into the exam is a nonzero mark so I’m completely satisfied.

gallen88

HSC
Comprehension: Not too bad, once I read through the texts I was like 'Okay I can do this' because the questions freaked me out at first. Other than that it went pretty okay.
Creative: The quote was good to adapt into my creative, so I'm cool with that section, however, creative is usually my weakest so I'll be a bit weary.
Essay: Damn... That was a challenge but I was able to answer the question. Hope the markers are okay with a short and crappy conclusion though heh :tongue:

Hopefully I went well in Paper 1 but I did my best and studied and that's all that matters.

Hope everyone went well too for Paper 1. One exam down, five to six more to go (depending on the number of units everyone is doing). Good luck everyone.

cherryboi

HSC
It was a hard test overall.

Section 1 as people said was weird. The last two texts especially. Had to bs.
Section 2 was alright for my creative, but i know friends who had to change a lot of things in theirs.
Section 3 essay, the essay question really didnt suit my prescribed text i thought. Still it went alright.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Short answer: I did as best as I could do. The poem about the antarctic ship was a bit ridiculous, but nonetheless, the questions were pretty much what i was expecting. Weird how they asked us for two texts in a four marker though :/
Creative: Went great, had two different perspectives in my text so I just brought those out. The quote was also pretty understandable for me.
Essay: Was good as well, a bit tricky but I managed to adapt well enough. Only one related text was nice as well :)

Overall it was what I expected and I'm happy with it (although the supervisor literally rolled their eyes when i asked for a 5th writing booklet like excuse me).
How big is your handwriting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)