HSC Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
HOLY!! I was having a internal metltdown because i forgot to add the quote, how bad of an offence is this? Will i get a zero for my creative? Is this the end cause im so dead inside rn
Nah you'll be fine mate. You won't get zero.

Kolmias

HSC
Format was weird.

I'm not sure if I went as good as trials (13/15 in trials), hopefully I feel like I answered the questions really well

Got 12/15 in creative for trials. Creative this time round was much stronger so hopefully I got 14 at least.

Essay was really good, got 15 in trial, want to keep that 15 and think I've a pretty good shot at that.

SirLaptop

HSC
I argued against the question for the essay. The statement did not fit Frank Hurley or my related text.

Creative has always been my weakest but I thought I did slightly better for this exam over trials.

Should have gone with my gut and used the photos in the short answers as evidence - I was worried I'd lose the marks for using that as evidence and left it out. Wrote a tonne for those short answers so hopefully I am paid some marks.

Going to be an easy 9/9/10 for paper 1, reflecting how I am a pile of trash at english.

yassy_xo

HSC
Uni Grad
Did anyone's prescribed text really fit the essay question?
Yesss mine did. Our perscribed text was Life of Pi. Its all about discoverying and rediscovering.

Tbh the paper wasn't bad. I felt like I was doing my trials again.
I found the creative the easiest part, the question was really good, but the quote was pretty stupid.
Butt that marks for the short answers killed me. Like why 5 marks for 1 text? Idk

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
I argued against the question for the essay. The statement did not fit Frank Hurley or my related text.

Creative has always been my weakest but I thought I did slightly better for this exam over trials.

Should have gone with my gut and used the photos in the short answers as evidence - I was worried I'd lose the marks for using that as evidence and left it out. Wrote a tonne for those short answers so hopefully I am paid some marks.

Going to be an easy 9/9/10 for paper 1, reflecting how I am a pile of trash at english.
Yo we did Frank Hurley as well, I didn't find the question to be too difficult ~ For my pre-made essay, all my discoveries were "New" so I also argued against the question, but they were also "Not joyful" so I agreed with that part xD ~ For my related, the discoveries were "Not new," so again, agreed, but they were very "Joyful" so again, disagreed

You are able to argue against it and not be penalised, especially because it is a "To what extent" question. I won't be too harsh on yourself for that, you probably did better than you think c:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
How did people find it compared to trials?
Harder, short answers were definitely harder, however the other sections were basically the same with the essay being easier.

HoldingOn

HSC
I don't think it was overly tough but the first HSC exam is always going to be interesting I think. The atmosphere is just so different.... I know seeing the huge NSW government logo on the paper is a bit off putting lol

bjw22

HSC
Yeah seeing NSW Govt. logo was not a positive discovery. I felt that the unseen was lacking techniques.

jem1690

HSC
i think this is only me, but i found the unseen pretty decent. Glad that it was only 3 texts, and the questions were pretty straight forward

hello067

HSC
N/A
how did everyone interpret paper 1 text 2?? I had to read the poem several times to get what its talking about but Im not even sure if I understood right...

fgbh

HSC
Section 1: everything was ok except last q i nearly ran out of time :(
Section 2: had 30mins to write this and idk if i incorporated the 2 perspectives well enough and i didn't incorporate enough descriptive imagery :(
Section 3: Best one for me so far, as I did Life of Pi and most of my paragraphs answered the q didn't need to adapt much which i liked :)
what rediscoveries did u talk about in life of pi?

Iced Volvo

HSC
what rediscoveries did u talk about in life of pi?
My ideas were the rediscovery of how his open-minded attitude towards religion is crucial to make discoveries that renew an individual's perspective and also the rediscovery of the need to attain his brutal nature (metaphorical through Richard Parker) to survive the endeavours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)