HSC Subject Selection and Medicine (1 Viewer)

Lirael_Moon

HSC
I am thinking of doing these subjects for yr 11
Advanced Math
Advanced English
Japanese Continuers
French Beginners
Studies of Religion
Ancient History

Are these subjects good to get a high Atar?, Do they scale well?, What are your opinions on them? I am aiming to do Medicine, and I was also wondering, if not doing any science subjects would be a problem when I will be in my first yr at Uni.

Bball1

HSC
All the subjects (excluding maths, english, japanese) scale pretty average. If you are thinking of doing medicine you should definitely reconsider as most unis would prefer if you did two sciences, even just one science would be pretty sufficient. But do what you enjoy, but if you want to get into medicine definitely reconsider as your current subjects aren't great scalers and you definitely need some sciences

Accurate

clix
HSC
Most universities would want at least want science (Either Physics and Chemistry) preferably both. To get into Medicine you need an ATAR of 98+ and a UMAT of top 10%. With those subjects it's possible but i strongly doing either Physics or Chemistry.

sida1049

HSC
Biology and Chemistry would be relevent to medicine and scale pretty well for your ATAR.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Pick subjects you're interested in. If you do significantly better in the arts/humanities than the sciences, then pick those. No use in picking science if you're just going to hate it and do poorly in them - scaling's not going to help you there. Uni's don't care what subjects you did as long as you get the required ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)