HTML editor (1 Viewer)

mojako

HSC
what HTML editor do u use for your sites?
Just want to know...

Winston

HSC
You should of made a poll... i use to code it raw haha... but i got a little shitty when i wanted to do things fast and pressing down shift + >/< was pissing me off haha... so i probably use Dreamweaver the most.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i used to use frontpage, now i code raw

explains why my website is a crock of shit

mojako

HSC
Winston said:
You should of made a poll... i use to code it raw haha... but i got a little shitty when i wanted to do things fast and pressing down shift + >/< was pissing me off haha... so i probably use Dreamweaver the most.
Okay.. give me a list of programs u want to be put in the poll

MoNNiE

HSC
dreamweaver baby~! easy previewing when i'm doing raw
was using coffee cup and front page but tat kept giving me the shits

mojako

HSC
Jeo said:
notepad all the way.
but u cant visualise with notepad...
and things like frontpage lists u the links in a HTML file, from where a particular page can be clicked on.

Winston

HSC
mojako said:
but u cant visualise with notepad...
and things like frontpage lists u the links in a HTML file, from where a particular page can be clicked on.
ummm but you can still code it easily... just a painwhe u have to open the browser up or just continuously refresh, in HTML editors the trade offs are the crappy redundant code they put in at times, like meta tags that you don't need.

mojako

HSC
Winston said:
ummm but you can still code it easily... just a painwhe u have to open the browser up or just continuously refresh, in HTML editors the trade offs are the crappy redundant code they put in at times, like meta tags that you don't need.
any way to prevent them from doing that??

Winston

HSC
mojako said:
any way to prevent them from doing that??
well that's what they do by default with their generated pages based on their templates, it's just the matter of going through the code and manually removing it

mojako

HSC
Are extra codes really bad?
Do they cause any trouble?

Jeo

What you can do is use a WYSIWYG editor and then after you are finished, you can clean up the code.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
note pad all the way!!

i used to code during ipt class for fun and learning html....lol teacher was shocked, stupid noob dependant on programs for coding

sunny

meh.
HSC
I use text editors, Frontpage, Dreamweaver, or whatever tool that actually suits the work I'm doing.

mojako

HSC
sunny said:
I use text editors, Frontpage, Dreamweaver, or whatever tool that actually suits the work I'm doing.
well isnt one enough?

but anyway, what are the bad things with having extra tags (added by Frontpage or Dreamweaver, etc)?? (besides increasing file sizes)

sunny

meh.
HSC
mojako said:
well isnt one enough?

but anyway, what are the bad things with having extra tags (added by Frontpage or Dreamweaver, etc)?? (besides increasing file sizes)
If I'm just writing a page with plain text and nothing else...then its Notepad, why bother starting up Deamweaver? Its like waiting for Photoshop to load everytime I want to view a JPEG.. If I'm making a large webiste with lots of graphics I would use Dreamweaver to make it that much easier to use other Macromedia tools and to manage the structure of the site, and if its something in between the two then I can use Frontpage.

Sometimes the tags added by tools can be redundant and don't actually do anything (more of an issue with Frontpage). Reading the code of complicated websites might become difficult if the code is all machine generated. Though Dreamweaver does a good job of cleaning up its code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)