Human Rights - Charter of Rights or Bill of Rights (1 Viewer)

ChristopherLuu

HSC
For those who did the CSSA trials, does anyone remember the 4 mark question about the bill of rights? Just wanted to see if anyone knows whats the difference from a bill of rights opposed to a charter of rights because apprantly according to marking criteria there is a difference

Exotic

HSC

WHY IS THE ANSWER C !!!!!!!
Because there's no group of rights classified as "customary" or "human", and has nothing to do with self-determination. Land claims are property rights, the same way that you have rights over your own property, i.e. your house.

SXCBEAST

HSC
customary makes no sense. There is no human right specified to Indigenous people's owning property and self determination is a collective right giving Indigenous peoples a choice on who governs them. so its kind of an elimination process + the 1992 Mabo Case.

Jongnie

HSC
Because there's no group of rights classified as "customary" or "human", and has nothing to do with self-determination. Land claims are property rights, the same way that you have rights over your own property, i.e. your house.
):.

Jongnie

HSC
customary makes no sense. There is no human right specified to Indigenous people's owning property and self determination is a collective right giving Indigenous peoples a choice on who governs them. so its kind of an elimination process + the 1992 Mabo Case.
my book says "self-D~ has been defined by the UN as the right of people, especially indigenous people, to have at least partial control over their land." ... blah blah "self-d~ aims to allow minority groups the right to have some control over their land, while still being part of the broader nation"

edit : i thought self-determination was a human right?

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
For those who did the CSSA trials, does anyone remember the 4 mark question about the bill of rights? Just wanted to see if anyone knows whats the difference from a bill of rights opposed to a charter of rights because apprantly according to marking criteria there is a difference
I think it was Outline ONE reason for and ONE reason against a charter of rights.

HSC
Uni Grad
A Bill of Rights is the US version of a Charter of Rights in Australia. that's one difference that I can recall :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)