I cried and cried (1 Viewer)

^___ShabS___^

Codename_Alpha said:
...he's like family to me (I dont have much of an extended family so I sort of created my own). I dont know how many times I hugged him last week...pathethic really
awwww ... i feel sorry for u! u hugged him ... so what! he's like family to u ... :) ... i would've hugged him as many times as i needed/wanted to!

thats it! 13 yrs already ... school was my second home ... it'll take me a while to get over school! ... from now on ..everytime i look at school school kids ...it'll probably bring a tear to my eye. :(

im happy i took pics in all of my classes! now a have a snapshot of each room + students i was in/with for 2 years!... yay!

yes! many cried (i think) ... i cried more (a lot) in bed on the night of my graduation and in the morning (day after) ...
im never seeing my year together again :( :( (except formal, even then everyone will not be there) ...

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
i go to a grammar school (K-12), i feel sorry for the people who ahve been there since kindy!! ive been to 5 different schools, this one for only 2 1/2 years and i still bawled my eyes out. but if theyve been at the same place for 13 years. damn. that is a massive chunk of their lives, they could suffer serious separation anxieties!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Don't worry about your reaction, everyone will have different reactions to it, and if you had close relationships at school then of course it is going to be hard to say goodbye. At this time last year I remember feeling very lost. I think it's the whole "where am I headed how will I go" anxiety, as well as HSC exam stress. School is such a structured environment, it's hard to leave behind that structure because it gives you such a sense of security. Don't worry, it's pretty normal to feel emotional about the whole thing.

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
Iam school Capt. so, the other school capt and i had to read the fairwell speach @ our fairwell MASS!

The entire school was in tears (both laughter and emotion) by the end of that!

It feels so strange and sad for it all to be over ... empty almost - mainly the fear that u may never see some of these people again.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I took videos of all my last lessons, lunchtimes, etc and burnt them onto a cd

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
yeah its always emotional, because school is where you've spent pretty much your entire life. You were at high-school 5 days a week, 6hrs a day, when you were at home it was study study, you meet teachers you like, you obviously make friends, so when you leaves its a big part of your life finishing, so its normal to feel sad.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
braindrainedAsh said:
Don't worry about your reaction, everyone will have different reactions to it, and if you had close relationships at school then of course it is going to be hard to say goodbye. At this time last year I remember feeling very lost. I think it's the whole "where am I headed how will I go" anxiety, as well as HSC exam stress. School is such a structured environment, it's hard to leave behind that structure because it gives you such a sense of security. Don't worry, it's pretty normal to feel emotional about the whole thing.
I wasnt sad at all. I was just thinking, one more step done to get out of Albury.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
I shouldn't have gone into this thread.... it's making me sad =( *stop thinking about the good 'ol times..*

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I dunno, maybe I'm cold hearted ( so I have been told), because I'm not upset. I'm not upset at all. Yeah I'm gonna miss my friends and stuff but I can always call them and meet up.

I didn't cry at the grad. either, but that was probably helped by the fact I was sitting next to two guys I really really don't like. I also didn't cry when I had no more classes left, or on muck up day... etc.

Maybe it's becasue that I'll always remeber the good times, and so on. And if I do, I can just look back at the school magazines or photos or something. Or maybe it's the fact that school didn't really give me much security and completley bored me... it is just a school after all...

It takes up so much time of your life you can never really forget it so don't be sad, be happy that now you can really start living.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
graduation was so bitter sweet. i was trying so hard not to cry all through it and it worked largely..until our year advisor spoke...she was so sweet and kept fighting back tears and saying she felt like a sad mother who's babies have all grown up and are ready for the big world. i was biting my lip so ahrd and all teary and all the girls around me were teary and the guys were sad...but not teary and then straight after she spoke its like teh whole grade was on the same wavelength and we like instantly got up and gave her a standing ovation. I"ll miss her so much and my maths teacher..she was teary too and oh it was horrible
and then after our ovation all the girls are like 'does anyone have a tissue??' lol
graduation was hard...somehow i wished it would end but at the same time i wished that afterwards we'd all go back to normal, go back to school for another day of friends, frees, class, fun, jokes, teacher jokes and just generally wut we've gotten so accustomed to over tha last 6 yrs. i'll miss it so much.

persephone

HSC
i was so determined not to cry all week and then we had our farewell assembly and we walked in and 2 guys in our grade wrote us a song and i was looking out at the crowd and i thought i'll never see those trees in autumn again. and they sang and i cried. when we walked out i hugged all the teachers i saw.

at the graduation mass there was this part when we got letters from our parents and we read them and someone was singing the josh groban song you raise me up and i didn't get to read the letter. i just opened the envelope and bawled.

i'll miss it because you'll never be like that again. in a place that's so safe and that belongs to you. you'll never see those teachers again, ever. you'll never have that community spirit and you won't have the same approach to this site ever again.

it's just really really sad

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
i didnt cry, but thats cause the feeling hasnt sunken in yet
it will...it took a few months for me to get emotional about it :p. At my graduation everyone around me was crying and I was just sitting there thinking "wtf. it's just school."

I don't know why it took that long...it was only after I was out in the world that I began to miss what I'd become so accustomed to for 6 years. I felt secure there, I knew all the faces and the routines so well and then suddenly they were gone, and I was out on my own. And all I have now are the memories.

I still get all teary eyed over the prayer they read at graduation

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

:)

Last edited:

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I didn't cry at my Graduation last week, but deep down inside me, i was very very sad and emotional.

I can't believe that this is my final year of school, EVER! The years have gone by so fast its freaky.

Fry

im still crying to this day and i graduated 2 years ago! but it kind of took a while to hit me after that school was really over. i miss seeing my old friends and teachers, i miss the whole routine of getting up at 7:30 (now i get up at 11) and going home to watch Passions at 3 and then gossiping about it the next day with my friends. high school was like the best years of my life...i would give anything to go back. and to all you guys who are still in high school...savour every moment i tell you cos you dont know what you got till its gone. for me, life pretty much ended after high school. yeah..i dont have much of one..its sad that im still hanging around in this forum..even moreso these days. not until a few months my post count was pretty low. just my way of clinging onto the past..i cant let go...*sobs* and i dont wanna let go...

sorry i just felt like i needed to let it all out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)