I failed my 2u maths test (1 Viewer)

Twickel

HSC
Thanks for all the words. Here is my problem with Ext1
I might get 1% you see the probelm is my school uses the MAth in focus book whic gives the easiest questions now from what I can see from the past papers, the questions are difficult, why would a school do this?

I will buy Fitzpatrick in a couple of weeks.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
If your teacher is good and you can do the past paper questions then it doesnt matter what text book you use.

SpoonSamba

HSC
Are you retarded? it's yr 11 who cares. I'm in yr 12 i got 36% in my first assessment, it just means get off the computer and do some work...

(I got 75% in the next assessment :) and yes I like to boast)

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad
SpoonSamba said:
Are you retarded? it's yr 11 who cares. I'm in yr 12 i got 36% in my first assessment, it just means get off the computer and do some work...

(I got 75% in the next assessment :) and yes I like to boast)
Its 75% a good mark? o_O

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
That would depend entirely on the student's perspective.

Schribez

HSC
umm im not aiming for the whole inspirational talk bulls*%# but in year 11 in my 2U course i was pulling 30-40%'s consistantly but this year i seem to be able to put 2 and 2 together (excuse the pun lol) and have been getting 80's, its just a matter of putting your mind to it. I have my 1/2 yearly tomorrow, wish me luck :cool:

thanks

~Schribez

conics2008

HSC
thats a myth.... its impossible to fail a 2unit, myth myth myth!

lacklustre

HSC
Slidey said:
I failed lots of tests.

The most notable one was a test on circle geometry in 3unit in year 11. I got 44% or something.

By the HSC, I still didn't know any circle geometry. Didn't seem to stop me from getting a band 6 in both 4unit and 3unit maths.

So just try and nail the other stuff in future! Do remember it is yr11 and doesn't actually count, though. It's like a practice year.
If you don't mind, I'm gonna stick a picture of you up on my wall underneath "motivation".

deadbeat

HSC
one thing he didnt write was how he acheived a band 6 in 4u, if you are failing in year 11, it means you have major gaps in your knowledge. doesnt mean you are shit at maths.

but u need to do something to rectify it. getting a decent tutor is the best way, you can have all the motivation u want, but if u dont know where to start then your gonna sit at your desk for hours and still not get anywhere.

adriana08

HSC
omgosh
i failed my 2u maths half-yearly test...and i'm in year 12!
:/
stop stressing..you'll be fine
as everyone else has said above - jst do past papers and make sure you actually UNDERSTAND all thye work rather than jst learning the formulas...you have heaps of time left anyways

enjoy yr 11 while you can!!! lol

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
deadbeat said:
one thing he didnt write was how he acheived a band 6 in 4u, if you are failing in year 11, it means you have major gaps in your knowledge. doesnt mean you are shit at maths.
No, I most certainly did mention that. Re-read my post.

but u need to do something to rectify it. getting a decent tutor is the best way, you can have all the motivation u want, but if u dont know where to start then your gonna sit at your desk for hours and still not get anywhere.
I disagree. Picking up a good 2unit textbook (Fitzpatrick is best for exercises, Maths In Focus for understanding concepts) and starting at the beginning will do you the world of good. You'll quickly learn what you can skip because you know it, and what you need to spend time doing questions on. At this point, he's still got about 1.5 years to pick himself up. That is an immense amount of time.

I question the efficacy of a tutor this late in one's schooling. In general I've found that most people learn maths most effectively by doing questions, not by being talked at. If there's a topic or two you struggle with, ask your maths teacher to sit with you for a bit. Otherwise, you can consider a tutor, but realise they are no substitute for doing lots of questions on the topic.

An ideal situation would be an overseer type tutor which is simply there to give you hints when you get stuck with a question.

vds700

HSC
dw man i fucked up plenty of tests in prelim....it doesn't matter. Also I might add that you shoulld compare your mark to other ppl in your class. If its a hard test, other people might habe low marks as well (well that was generally the case in my 2 and 3 unit accelerated class).

I "failed" my first 4 unit assessment task(14/30) but im not worried about it at all coz most marks were within the 13-18 range

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
if you fail your 2U test, then you should do 4U, because 2U doesn't count towards 4U.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
foram said:
if you fail your 2U test, then you should do 4U, because 2U doesn't count towards 4U.
Um.

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Twickel said:
I got 15/34, I did the stupidest mistakes ever, I was half asleep or something. Crys.
Hey man when I was in Year 11, I was kinda in the same jam as you were now, my advice to you is to hang in there and remember that your year 11 results don't count towards your HSC. And since it's maths which is the problem, I suggest you use 'Maths In Focus' to get yourself back on top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)