• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

i feel soo dumb (1 Viewer)

Trev

stix
HSC
_muse_ said:
honestly joe, if u wanna get out of 2 unit u better do it fast, because i doubt there will be much time left before the cut off... if u think u will ultimately ace the general test (which btw, isnt as easy as 2 unit think it is) then go for ur life. its ur decision, but id make it quickly.
You are actually able to change from mathematics to general at any time you want, basically. I think (?) the cut-off is 2-4 weeks before the HSC exam that you can change? Well at least, you can drop extension 2 any time up till then I have heard, it would probably be different since general is a different course to mathematics.

fakingtheday

HSC
elisabeth said:
Sometimes they're cocky and reckon you can do ace without working - not saying you did that though.
Haha that was me all over. I dropped at start of year 12 and sat their first test, could of done so much better, ended up with 88% which was equal first but i thought i was so much more capable. Didn't do that with the assessment we just had. But you can claw back.

Scanorama

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
nah actually some of the 3 unit ppl who dropped down got over 85%
so i did pretty poorly for that :(
but yea series and sequences and logs test in 2 weeks
wish me luck ;)
Good luck :)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Trev said:
You are actually able to change from mathematics to general at any time you want, basically. I think (?) the cut-off is 2-4 weeks before the HSC exam that you can change? Well at least, you can drop extension 2 any time up till then I have heard, it would probably be different since general is a different course to mathematics.
aww and there i was thinking i was all smart... well u cant change anything at my school anymore i know that... i kinda generalised and figured no1 else could

llamasohee

HSC
5% is nothing, u'll catch up if ur capable, my first assess for maths is worth 30%

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
PS: I did advanced, and never got a mark over 50%, and i did the course twice. :vcross: Advanced maths is just retarded. Seriously, it should be shot.

It is extremely old and out-dated, and according to my maths tutor, it's like that because everyone is too afraid to touch it. Well i say abolish it. Abolish! Abolish! Abolish! *Pitch fork in hand* No course caused me so much stress and so much ang... Oh don't get me ranting about maths.
That is incorrect. Mathematics is not a humanities subject. It doesn't change based on the whim of society at the time, sorry (unlike HSC Physics).

It is neither old, nor outdated; mathematics does not age. The geometry you do and the algebra you use is thousands of years old.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Yeh in my first topic test in General Maths after i dropped i got 80%, but on my next one i got 40%, it's easy to get cocky when you drop because of all the rhetoric about General Maths being for dummies, but Gen Maths is a totally different course to advanced maths.

Apparently most people who drop, experience some period of low marks. But as soon as you get back on track, your fine.

PS: I did advanced, and never got a mark over 50%, and i did the course twice. :vcross: Advanced maths is just retarded. Seriously, it should be shot.
Several things.

Anyone who says General Maths is hard is a liar. The multiple choice questions are a joke. The other sections are similarly straight forward (and yes, I did look through them- in Yr 10).

Advanced maths... rofl. 2U maths is not advanced maths, people who call it advanced maths are pretentious snobs (and nobody likes a dumb pretentious snob; if they did 3U there'd be no confusion).

The course is not retarded. It pieces together a remarkably interesting aspect of mathematics in the short time and dedication afforded. It's not a stupid left-wing ideology driven subject like English Adv (and don't say you like it, because then you're a pathetic extreme post-structuralist), it's timeless and useful for further study. It's interesting, and extremely accessible- the very stupid can get good marks in 2U if they're willing to put the work in.

It's sickening to hear people say "2U is too hard" or "maths sucks because I suck at it" or "general maths is a challenging course" because they're all absurd statements that reveal the simple fact the person is unwilling to make up for their lack of logic or intelligence with a bit of work.

ephemeral

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
I will never believe what your saying, and it is a truely disturbed course. It is a good measure of a subject, if you can sit in it, and not study, and still get roughly 50% - 70%. I STUDIED it, and i was STILL failing. And i had tutoring. It's.. Just ... ARGGH maths!!!!
I think this is your problem, not a fault with advanced maths.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
lol
2U maths doesn't even need much logic as it all follows so naturally.
I think you just didn't bother to try to understand it.

meh General maths should be abolished.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
If i have a problem with Advanced maths, its advanced maths fault.
Yeah, that's the way; if something goes wrong, blame somebody else.

ephemeral

HSC
I guess that's the distorted logic they teach you in General.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Are you referring to the inconsistency of some systems, proven by Godel?

stainmepink

HSC
7th Sign said:
well i dropped from 2 unit to general math in 2 unit i was getting like 30 % and what not but then i dropped to general i missed a subject and we had a test the other day and i got 45% like wtf man thats soo shit :( im soo pissed off well any way it was wort 5% of my hsc aswell some im pretty pissed off....:( any one else stuff up as bad as me :( i bet not

the worst thing you can do is complain and whinge about it, so cheer up and study a bit harder. dont think that this is the end, as hey, 5 percent is 5 percent. you still have that good chance of doing well, so chin up and learn from ur mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)