I feel weird wanting to study in the HOLIDAYS... (1 Viewer)

PodiatryA

HSC
I should study, shouldn't i?
But the idea of studying in Holidays makes me feel like eh. lol.

What should i be doing for study? Like, write up notes according to the syllabus for each subject? Give me some creative ideas please :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yes you should study
but if you don't feel like studying, then don't study

yes write notes and catch up on hw or learn ahead

PodiatryA

HSC
I am going out and having fun :D But i think i will write up a dot point or two (syllabus) on a subject whenever i feel i need to, or have some spare time. Sounds good? Thought so. :p

0bs3n3

HSC
I am going out and having fun :D But i think i will write up a dot point or two (syllabus) on a subject whenever i feel i need to, or have some spare time. Sounds good? Thought so. :p
Yeah, just make sure you get all of your notes up to date on the work you have done before the holidays end.

I'm always like "oi dude should be studying" and then "oi dude wtf its the holidays you'll burn out". So I don't end up having fun or doing any work lol.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah have some fun
but then the torture begins after the holidays

gazzalite751

HSC
Haha, well if you REALLY feel like studying;
then start making your revision notes.

Remember, you're in term 4 of school, but its term 1 of your hsc course. you'll be hit with midyearlies soon, if not already had a bunch of assessments. you can't laze around and then say you'll do better because of our value-adding system that most people forget.

So start making notes on each of the syllabus dot points that you've already learnt. Don't learn too far ahead because it's sort of hard backtracking with your teacher - your teacher knows what's best for you in the HSC so don't get too far ahead without their help, but yeah. :)

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Read your english texts and start studying for whatever T1 assessment tasks you have; this gives yourself an advantage over the rest of your cohort.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Just make sure you can read through the syllabus and be able to explain what each dotpoint means in the topics that you've done at school.

mckensara

HSC
i studied during the holidays, i made all my notes from term 4 and did some practice essays, and i went a little bit ahead and read my text books for the next unit and did a bit of light note taking.

when it came to half yearlies, i was more prepared than others.

if you can be bothered it is time well spent!

HSC
studying in the holidays is a good way of utilizing your time responsibly, but as others suggested take some time to relax also.

M@ster P

HSC
lol there is nothing wrong with studying in holidays, you are using your time wisely but like anything else have fun and relax as well.

I'm gonna do some 4u math in holidays since I need it for uni - so what?

paddy_mac

HSC
I strongly recommend that you study on the holidays. Even just for one day every week. You'll be amazed how much it helps. For me, I didn't do anything on the holidays and was really behind for the majority of the first term. So make sure you're up to date when you start cause it sucks being behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)