I finally drove a V8... (1 Viewer)

F2001

HSC
yea it's an old thread.... but

The problem with that car is the gearing (because it ain't made for 0-100).

Maybe you should try it at 100-120+.

The 4.4s are meh...
The 4.8s are much better.

mattparis

HSC
BMW 740iL with 4.4L v8 with only light modifications (to ECU/mapping).

But it's an automatic with tiptronic >__> Tiptronic is also not as fun as I thought it'd be.

Yea, i know what you mean by expecting it to be faster, but you have to remember the seven series is really heavy, like tank heavy.... its more centered round luxury than performance

now the M6 on the other hand.... usually leaves me speechless

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
7 series are not the fastest

thats like driving a 308 kingswood and expecting it to be fast cos it has a big V8

silly thread really
driving a new hsv etc would be a lot different i think

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Why dig up such old threads.. but anyway :)

Yea, i know what you mean by expecting it to be faster, but you have to remember the seven series is really heavy, like tank heavy.... its more centered round luxury than performance

now the M6 on the other hand.... usually leaves me speechless
The acceleration was very ordinary from memory. That's what made me a bit surprised- I was expecting it to be crazy fast or something along the lines of other cars I'd driven both before and after.

That being said, the good thing about that car was probably the road-stability and how it kinda shrinks around you and doesn't feel as big as you'd expect.

ps. The M6 is very nice too :)

noturningback

HSC
Drove a V8 5.7L Holden Berlina alot on the L's but since getting my P's I've been stuck with a V4 1.8L Holden Astra gahhhhhhh

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Not sure if accountant or drug dealer, especially considering that list of cars :haha:
This makes you seem like a stockbroker :haha:

On my to do list is to drive something and feel it get to 100km/hr in less than 3 seconds.

So far all I can do is 8-9~ lol.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
I was considering getting a Lexus LS400 before I got my GTIR; either a LS400 or a Nissan Cefiro (didn't end up getting neither, still want one of either)... they sound so awesome... manual conversion, straight pipe exhaust, ITB's...

edit: god bless roundabouts...

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
How does it feel like to drive a V8?
All those cars feel brisk but not blindingly quick- I still think my Evo (and most high performance JDM cars) have a better sense of urgency because of the isolation in the European cars.

Did ride shotgun in the new M5 and SL63. Both of those cars hit 200km/h much faster than my Benz hits 100 lol. And you feel it with the aural theatrics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)