i got 30 uai can i still make it to UNI (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
i pray to god i will, hopefully or its private college for me, excl. TAFE my parents wont let me go to that thing, so do i have any hope??? at my school i ranked in most of my subjects 5th i wonder how i got 30 for my UAI

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
You bombed the HSC and so did your peers. You can't expect a more detailed response without details of your subjects, marks throughout the year or your school.

With that UAI, you are not going to uni next year. Go to tafe or a private college and work harder than you did this year, because you'll need very good marks to get a HECS place or pay your way in.

¬_¬

HSC
I don't know how serious you are about school or uni, but if you think you were capable of getting a higher UAI and have a rough idea of what kind of course you'd like to study, maybe repeating the HSC is a good idea?- you don't need to resit every unit if you don't want to, and you can do this at your current school if they permit, or at TAFE, or any other school which is willing to accept you as a year12 student.

But honestly speaking, I think TAFE Is probably a more suitable place for you to go if you suspect that your UAI, even if you repeat, will not be high enough to get into a course you actually want to do. At least with TAFE, you have more options open to you, the courses are more practical, and there are better job prospects for many skills than there are for a lot of the *cough* "not so useful" degrees.

HSC
hello elisabeth :D hows todays weather treating your albinoness =D

its likely you'll need a tafe diploma close too what you wanna do then transfer, my brother inlaw got 50uai and he had too do draftsmen diploma in tafe then transfer too uni to do architecture, he got in no probs

elisabeth

HSC
:( I was pissy, then I read how you'd been enjoying yourself having a nice swim, and I cursed my fair complexion even more. *off for a swim now*

Yeah, repeating the HSC is another option you might consider. What was your exact UAI?

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
well

depends what u mean by coming 5th...

my friend came second in Industrial technology..

second out of second.

can you paste your mark please?

was ur uai 30. *something*

or 30 or lower *

¬_¬

HSC
haboozin said:
well

depends what u mean by coming 5th...

my friend came second in Industrial technology..

second out of second.

can you paste your mark please?

was ur uai 30. *something*

or 30 or lower *
Do we really need to ask?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
most pubs let u have 1 free beer with 30 or lower :)

ummmmm TAFE, private college or Yr 12 are some of the options...

ummm distant education university is another.. they are full fee technically but cost as much as HECS..
http://www.open.edu.au
if the Teritary centre UAC allows it (i.e u are the best candidate).. u can transfer to an on-campus course
ummm read the FAQ!

Last edited:

bubble_tea

u can apply to do non-award for a year at a uni.. i know macquarie and UTS offer it.. that way u can show your true potential, and be eligible to do any course at that uni..

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Argonaut said:
Because (and I hate to say it) it looks like your best option right now; there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you'll get into Uni on a UAI of 30.
Distance Ed. and Non-Award are University Options for the capable UAI 30 or under...

fundamentally

HSC
chicky_pie said:
so do i have any hope??? at my school i ranked in most of my subjects 5th i wonder how i got 30 for my UAI
Check with Macquarie uni. They have an non-award scheme. After a year of decent marks, you may be able to get entry into a degree. However, you will have to pay full fees. The usual subject at Mac is 4 units and they charge $450 per credit unit. So it will cost around $1800 per subject per semester. The second round of applications for this closes on 27th January.

http://www.coe.mq.edu.au/nonawd.htm

EDIT:
Oops.
Sorry. Just found that you are not eligible for even this. You need to have a UAI of at least 50 for entry into the non-award scheme.
http://www.coe.mq.edu.au/home/pdf/webunitsuai.pdf
http://www.coe.mq.edu.au/eligibility.htm

I guess that you will have to go to tafe or a private college.
TAFE is not quite as bad as people say.

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
miss_gtr said:
Don't they usually require atleast 50?
not for distance ed
... there is no supply/demand issues with open unis...
lik no size restrictions e.g. lecture place.. tutors:student ratios
just u need to maintain academic standards eqv of on-campus students

"Unlike on-campus study, places are not limited with Open Universities Australia. You can study throughout the year, and for entry level units there are no pre-requisites or Year 12 entry requirements. There are no age limits, no entrance exams - but it's still up to you how well you do."

like once u registered all u have to do is work ure butt off :)

Yes there is a 50+ cut off for Non-Award tho :(

Last edited:

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
fundamentally said:
Check with Macquarie uni. They have an non-award scheme. After a year of decent marks, you may be able to get entry into a degree. However, you will have to pay full fees. The usual subject at Mac is 4 units and they charge $450 per credit unit. So it will cost around $1800 per subject per semester. The second round of applications for this closes on 27th January
yea try Macquarie ...um I don't really know the exact details but my friend got kicked out of high school in the UK, came to Aust and did the SIBT course and then got into MAc uni..but you really need to check these options out yourself and kind of be prepared that the costs might be really high... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
There are several ways you can get into uni - in fact there is a listing of most of the ways into university here. All you need do is take the time to read through and click on the links to further info to see what might be useful to your situation.

HSC
atleast you felt proud that u got 30, sum ppl got 0 for other matters etc
sum of my buddies felt like its the end of their life when they got 30..

atleast keep it cool n dnt be ashame of getting a 30

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
Even if you got 30, what happens if you go to tafe and you get around 80-90 there, and you want to do a course at uni. They must know that you didnt make it into uni because you didnt have the required UAI and if they see you are killing it, i rekon they should let you into uni.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Hang on just one second! Did the thread starter make up this thread as a sympathy thread even though they got a uai of 90+ or 99+?

If there wasn't a UAC booklet given to every year 12 student for free then the question "i got 30 yai can i still make it to UNI" is legitimate, however, a few seconds browse of the booklet would have given the answer.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
what's your problem seriously? why don't you take into consideration how she feels at the moment instead of acting like arrogant fuck over the internet, which you BELIEVE you can be just because your behind a monitor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)