I got a job at Woolworths!!! It's the best place! (2 Viewers)

placebo101

HSC
hey ppls, how do these touch screens work???
my store has the old keyboard registers and i think we're gettin them soon.
how do u like put produce through and stuff like that? how bout refunds?? :)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
placebo101 said:
hey ppls, how do these touch screens work???
my store has the old keyboard registers and i think we're gettin them soon.
how do u like put produce through and stuff like that? how bout refunds?? :)
Yeh we arent getting them till march next year!
With produce.. they have 4 buttons.
'Fruit A-Z' 'Fruit Popular' 'Veg A-Z' and 'Veg Popular'. Generally the popular things are the same as what you would normally push buttons for like carrots tomatoes and things.. but my guess would be that it would change every week with the specials (like when a certain type of apple is on special everyone seems to come through and buy them.. I assume that it would auto update the most popular ones). When you click the A-Z on the side the buttons come up with like A-C D-F etc then you press that and press the appropriate veggie/fruit.
For all supervisor functions.. you can do them on your own register (which makes sense so you dont need to know other peoples passwords and things). There is no need to remember transcodes or refund types because they are all there written.. its mad! With refunds like you go to the sup menu and press refund.. then it asks you what type and you press it.. then just go about it as you normally would.
Other cool things about touchscreens..
- When you save a transaction.. a barcode prints off on the bottom of the receipt. To recall the transaction, just scan the barcode and it automatically comes up.
- The receipt prints off at the end of the whole transaction so like if you need to cancel something you can just scroll up (because you and the customer can see the whole list of things on the screen) and just delete the line.. and it wont appear on the receipt at all.
- You can send a message to the cash office directly asking for a pickup, security or service supervisor (like if you are on a reg all the way down the back and no one is coming to you).
- No eft slips! The eftpos thing prints right after the receipt and they just sign that.
- Home deliveries are so much easier.. you like click to bring up the keyboard and type in the persons name address and contact number.. and you also type how many of each type of bag there are (poisons, fridge, normal) then you get a blank sheet of labels and put it into the register thing (like where you put the cheques and gift vouchers) then it prints it off for you and says on the label the category like poison fridge etc. Beats handwriting!
- You enter tender mode by hitting the enter button.. so like all your buttons change from the fruit and veg and stuff to the different payment options. Its cool when you press cash then it comes up with like suggestions as to what they could pay you.. for example if it was $38.50 the buttons would come up with $38.50, $40 and $50.. or you can key it in yourself. With eftpos you press cash out and it asks for the amount to take out.. so you dont have to add it up in your head anymore.
- You can put staff discount on at any time.. beginning middle or end.. rather than normally how we have to cancel the discount if they buy something else.
- When you have more than $2500 in your drawer.. a little icon comes up which doesnt go until you send a pickup.. which beats the cash office calling and getting your supervisors to hassle you.
- When you do an item enquiry.. it asks you if you with to purchase this item as well.. so you dont have to scan it again.
- If you have an unknown item.. it searches the woolworths database for the item and it will usually find it if it is on record.. but if it is a deleted line then itll come up with something showing that it isnt found and you will need a sup. The same goes for refunding things which the store doesnt sell because it was bought at another store.. means you dont have to dump it when you refund it.

Can you tell im excited? If these touchscreens mean some of the oldies decide to retire.. thatll make it even better hahaha.

Last edited:

Slimeboy

HSC
cro_angel said:
Other cool things about touchscreens..
- When you save a transaction.. a barcode prints off on the bottom of the receipt. To recall the transaction, just scan the barcode and it automatically comes up.

- You can send a message to the cash office directly asking for a pickup, security or service supervisor (like if you are on a reg all the way down the back and no one is coming to you).

- Home deliveries are so much easier.. you like click to bring up the keyboard and type in the persons name address and contact number.. and you also type how many of each type of bag there are (poisons, fridge, normal) then you get a blank sheet of labels and put it into the register thing (like where you put the cheques and gift vouchers) then it prints it off for you and says on the label the category like poison fridge etc. Beats handwriting!

- If you have an unknown item.. it searches the woolworths database for the item and it will usually find it if it is on record.. but if it is a deleted line then itll come up with something showing that it isnt found and you will need a sup. The same goes for refunding things which the store doesnt sell because it was bought at another store.. means you dont have to dump it when you refund it.
Damm these ones make it better than the coles ones.

olchik

HSC
MissMacbeth said:
I'm 19 next month, so I'm on at around $11 bucks an hour. But it changes twice - 1st time for when I turn 19 and 2nd time when I go off probation - it then goes up to around 15 bucks an hour then. Not bad for a measly 8.50 at Kmart.
For 19 year old person-11/15 $ per hour is pretty good! Congratulations!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)