i love you?! (3 Viewers)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Also i guess the whole 'overly emotional' thing is just an excuse for people just being desperate.

hayabusaboston

HSC
love is the release of oxytocin and Serotonin by the body to induce this feeling of deep emotion
Amigo, it is much more than that. Oxytocin is a bonding chemical, ie causes humans to have a feeling of bonding with each other, and the greatest release of oxytocin anyone will ever experience is for women, during birth, to bond with the baby. Anyway back to the "whole lot more". There is a thing called the mesolimbic pathway, whereby the Ventral tegmental area of the brain sends dopaminergic axons to the nucleus accumbens, amygdala, hippocampus and the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis. The activation of this "rewards" system is implicated in goal setting behaviour, and obtaining a mate is a prime example of setting a goal. But man there's so much more than the above too, I won't bother going into it here. Anyway it is very interesting, so I recommend you guys read up on it :) Type in "Neural substrates of falling in love" or something. hm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)