i need some help pleeeease! (1 Viewer)

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
oh hey there new member..yeah i go to manly selelctive. how bout u? r u a guy or a girl? PM me sometime...

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
errrrr
anyway, for my one they were really slack and gave us a REALLY long listening task. so by the time the 2nd reading was finished, we hardly had any time left. manage your time well, and don't wait till the readings have finished to start writing. quote something to show that you were able to get it down, but don't bother doing it too much because it's too time-consuming and you'd be better off talking about more in-depth things like the techniques they used and what effects they had.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh yeah, is this for AOS? i think the last question (for us anyway) we could half prepare for because we were meant to use our own material? anyway, the best thing to do is to read your assessment task sheet, that usually gives you stacks of clues as to what you should be preparing for

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
Nah we have no clues yet, however it is for AOS, so the question is likely to be "What techniques were used? What does this show about journeys?" or something like that

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
man wtf, our listening task for year 11 was some bob carr stupid speech and the questions were HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
ive never seen this technique crap in my life, ide rather analyse a listening task than answer its hard ass questions

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
if you go to manly, you have to do advanced, don't you?im sure i remember my mother saying how heaps of students complained to her, calling it 'fascist' or something. :)

the best way to prepare for listening is to in basic comprehension, find a tape of something talking about *something* (ie, the lifecycle of snakes orsomething), listen to it and practise and refine your notetaking skills... and learn how to pick out techniques and identify them... etc etc

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
yeah thanks glyc, i have been a bit. yeah at manly we only offer standard if they can get a clas of 15+, which never hapens. i dont understand how thats fascist? how do you know about manly anyway if you live in petersham? is your mum a teaher there? who?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
my mum's mrs carolan, shes the yr 11 advisor, which i think got lots of people complaining when english classes were being made for this year : )

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah, i'm in year 11 at fort street. i'm doing 4u english this year (i did the 3u yr 11 course when i was in yr 10)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)