I need some help to choose a piece. (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

well if they're good enuff for an international competition well than i'm pretty sure they're more than good enuff for the HSC. But then really it all boils down to what you think will get you the marks

MouNtY

i don't really mind my song choice. i'm more nervous about the being expressive and actually having to go all out. i know i'm a good singer (no prblem with my self esteem. lol) but i just get real shy about the whole having to move around and be expressive thing.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
ohh haha believe in ya self lol hehehe yeah u sound like a good singer.. i think? lol and yeah just forget about anyone being in da room and move about!

the markers really luv dat kinda thing i think..

MouNtY

yeah my teacher goes a voice can only get u so far u have to show that you can connect with the music. Is that the same for pianists as well? wouldn't it be pretty hard to be expressive in terms of movement? coz it's not like you can get up and dance or anything lol

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
haha yeah but its possible to do that on the piano.. u move ur head forward and back and stuff like that.. BUT overdoing it is another thing... some people tend to force themselves in moving their bodies just to look as if their "into" it.. but the markers notice coz it doesnt look natural

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
and if u go to piano competitions n that u see a lot of people forcing themselves to look as if their into it ehhe its really funny

but it makes me wanna throw up lol

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i reckon piano is the most difficult instrument you can perform with, becoz you're either not facing the audience, or your face is covered by the damn thing!

good luck getting the full marks!
i'm aiming for it as well, but i'll b very very very surprised if i do get it!

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Originally posted by Crikket
i reckon piano is the most difficult instrument you can perform with, becoz you're either not facing the audience, or your face is covered by the damn thing!
u reckon eh? hehehe wat instrument do u play?

KarenG

HSC
Australian composer - belated reply

Since you are in Aust. I suggest you go for an Aust composer - what about Margaret Sutherland. I have been considering one of her pieces for Grade 8 - on the AMEB syllabus.
One problem though is finding an example of her works played - it seems that the ABC disk is no longer available - but I will keep trying.

Karen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)