I.R.P. Home (1 Viewer)

Kat92

HSC
Mine is on "The Effects of Maternal Consumption Throughout Pregnancy" My project plan is due friday -_- VOMIT!
I believe this to be a good topic indeed. You may wish to look at case studies involving "post natal depression" or "baby blues" and perhaps with your statistics do a comparison between teens and elderly pregnancies.

You can refer to my above post for items that clearly need to be detailed within your project plan.

HSC
I believe this to be a good topic indeed. You may wish to look at case studies involving "post natal depression" or "baby blues" and perhaps with your statistics do a comparison between teens and elderly pregnancies.

You can refer to my above post for items that clearly need to be detailed within your project plan.
Thank you :D

you have given alot of useful and fantastic advice!

amber1992

HSC
thankyou. my plan is due in 2 weeks and i wont be at school for any help because of work placement

Kat92

HSC
thankyou. my plan is due in 2 weeks and i wont be at school for any help because of work placement
Your most welcome. My advice to you then, would be to do up a basic outline of the questions that you are planning to use and show this to your teacher. Take the questions with you to work placement and explain to the workplace that you are doing your CAFS IRP for yr 12. Be sure to give details of the hypothesis and ask for them to give feedback. (ie. which questions are applicable and those of which are not).

Then when you return, you can show your teacher the feedback that you obtained and sit down with he/she to work on re-phrasing the questions. By doing this you get a better mixture of open-ended and closed questions for easier tabulation and graphing later on. Also by doing this you will probably find that most people would prefer closed questions of yes or no compared to open-ended ones where it involves an in depth essay style response (often attributed to limited time, multiple roles, etc.. especially if they are sole parents).

Kat92

HSC
Thank you :D

you have given alot of useful and fantastic advice!

Your most welcome! I hope that your IRP goes well for you! :D Just happy to help out. The IRP was probably one of the more interesting projects that I completed for CAFS and very easy to do. :)

Relinadus

HSC
I'm doing the effects of social groups on an individual.
It seems like I'm the first one to of attempted this topic as I can't seem to find any secondary information on it.
I'm also having a hard time making questions for a survey and questionnaire, if anyone could help me with this it would be appreciated.

Kat92

HSC
I'm doing the effects of social groups on an individual.
It seems like I'm the first one to of attempted this topic as I can't seem to find any secondary information on it.
I'm also having a hard time making questions for a survey and questionnaire, if anyone could help me with this it would be appreciated.

Effects is a broad term. Try re-wording your hypothesis. Also try using words like either "wellbeing" or "self-esteem" in your re-worded hypothesis. To address your secondary research you need to look at aspects like conformity, isolation and belonging/acceptance. For the questionnaire, create a pilot survey to see which questions are working and those which are not. You could develop questions to compare how social groups impact upon certain age ranges e.g. children, teens or the elderly.

amber1992

HSC
can anyone help me with some questions or ideas for my survey/questionaire. my topic is: limited community facilities strongly influence upon social parent's emotional & economic wellbeing. if anyone can help it would be great

Kat92

HSC
can anyone help me with some questions or ideas for my survey/questionaire. my topic is: limited community facilities strongly influence upon social parent's emotional & economic wellbeing. if anyone can help it would be great
Try to encompass the use of possible rating scale techniques e.g. 1-10 for some questions. You may also do well to include some sort of questions about whether they feel they have enough essential daily items/ leisure. Also whether they feel they are being effective parents whilst meeting multiple expectations of work, etc.

Relinadus

HSC
Effects is a broad term. Try re-wording your hypothesis. Also try using words like either "wellbeing" or "self-esteem" in your re-worded hypothesis. To address your secondary research you need to look at aspects like conformity, isolation and belonging/acceptance. For the questionnaire, create a pilot survey to see which questions are working and those which are not. You could develop questions to compare how social groups impact upon certain age ranges e.g. children, teens or the elderly.
The thing is, my IRP is about how your personality changes depending on which of your social groups you are with, so its not really about an individuals well being or group dynamics.
For example, with my family I am loud and speak my mind, while at school I am quiet and respectful of others.

Kat92

HSC
The thing is, my IRP is about how your personality changes depending on which of your social groups you are with, so its not really about an individuals well being or group dynamics.
For example, with my family I am loud and speak my mind, while at school I am quiet and respectful of others.

In that case what you are describing is more social norms which makes personality multifaceted and malleable . Social norms being indicative of the established and approved ways of doing things, of dress, of speech and of appearance. These vary and evolve not only through time but also vary from one age group to another and between social classes and social groups. What is deemed to be acceptable dress, speech or behaviour in one social group may not be accepted in another; hence the reason to change personalities.

You may wish to have a look at these sites:
Can Your Personality Change? [relationships.blog-city.com]
Big Five personality traits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Mallebility Of Personality
The Personality Balance Sheet

These are just a couple that I found by doing some quick Google searches.

Last edited:

ashyybabyy

HSC
i need help,, my project plan is not going good. its due in a couple of days and i wood appreciate some tips. mine is social issues of elderly in nursing homes

Kat92

HSC
i need help,, my project plan is not going good. its due in a couple of days and i wood appreciate some tips. mine is social issues of elderly in nursing homes

Ashyybabyy, you may wish to look at some example of past IRP plans on this site. The link is: http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=35.

My advice would be to gather plenty of secondary sources and especially quotes. Plan your methodologies thoroughly and develop a pilot survey to see which questions are working. In one of my posts above it outlines what points you should encompass to gain good marks and so as to cover the plan in enough detail. Which will enable you later to complete a sufficient IRP.

Also keep a blog/diary to show your progress, planning and thoughts.

Good luck, I hope that you get it in on time! :uhhuh:

Last edited:

Relinadus

HSC
In that case what you are describing is more social norms which makes personality multifaceted and malleable . Social norms being indicative of the established and approved ways of doing things, of dress, of speech and of appearance. These vary and evolve not only through time but also vary from one age group to another and between social classes and social groups. What is deemed to be acceptable dress, speech or behaviour in one social group may not be accepted in another; hence the reason to change personalities.

You may wish to have a look at these sites:
Can Your Personality Change? [relationships.blog-city.com]
Big Five personality traits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Mallebility Of Personality
The Personality Balance Sheet

These are just a couple that I found by doing some quick Google searches.
Thanks, I guess my PC just doesn't like me, or maybe I was just searching for the wrong thing or something.
I really apprecciate the help!

Kat92

HSC
Thanks, I guess my PC just doesn't like me, or maybe I was just searching for the wrong thing or something.
I really apprecciate the help!
LOL, not a problem. ;) If at first you don't get great results, just try some different search terms and you'll be fine.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I'm doing "how working in fast food impacts on the wellbeing of workers". Got full marks for my project plan, doing the most obvious methodologies (questionnaire/survey, interviews and maybe a personal reflection) of course. Pretty lame.

Unrelated but still CAFS: I'm still waiting for the plastic babies damnit!

Kat92

HSC
I'm doing "how working in fast food impacts on the wellbeing of workers". Got full marks for my project plan, doing the most obvious methodologies (questionnaire/survey, interviews and maybe a personal reflection) of course. Pretty lame.

Unrelated but still CAFS: I'm still waiting for the plastic babies damnit!

I tend to disagree that it is lame, as it depends upon the time available and what you feel comfortable with. I mostly used the same methodolgies as you when I done mine and ended up with full marks on my plan and IRP.

I never had the plastic baby, don't think our school had in its program. Nevertheless good luck with it, as from what I have heard it can be more of a handful than a real child depending upon what setting its on.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Thank you Kat :)
I hope to get full marks also. I work in fast food and have many friends who do also so that should help a fair bit.

Our school has them and Mrs J says we'll be offered them when we start parenting and caring. It's gonna be interesting... :p

amber1992

HSC
i was going to change my irp to bullying and how that emotionally effects an individual. would that be better than the sole parenting

Kat92

HSC
i was going to change my irp to bullying and how that emotionally effects an individual. would that be better than the sole parenting
To be quite honest bullying has been a little over done for IRPs, although is a really good topic; as I ended up doing an IRP on Bullying in the Workplace and how it affects an individual's wellbeing and achieved full marks. However, if you could put a unique twist on the topic of Bullying I'm sure you would be quite fine. In the end its entirely up to you what you want to do. It also depends upon what you would find more interesting , the amount of resources you have and perhaps what is prevalent to items happening within the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)