I still have no idea what to do with ym life... (1 Viewer)

HSC
:D seriously, I have changed my preferances 43742387 times.

Im a humanities person, and im thinking about just doing Arts. atleast for a year?Why does this bother my parents so much? To them, Arts is the devil...

ace17

HSC
Take a year off. Holiday, get some employment experience, whatever, enjoy yourself. At the end of the year you will have a much better idea of what you want to do. Alternatively, just do arts if you want to, who cares what your parents think. Although I would advise against spending the next 9 years at uni studying some ridiculous arts degree that is not going to get you anywhere while leeching of your parents. Not a smart move.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
CrownerOf.Kings said:
:D seriously, I have changed my preferances 43742387 times.

Im a humanities person, and im thinking about just doing Arts. atleast for a year?Why does this bother my parents so much? To them, Arts is the devil...
you're asian aren't u

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
in a way, a year of BA could almost be like a gap year

the workload is rly light
u choose subjects u want
and it's fucking easy

so basically you're just reading things you're already interested in, and learning to write essays about them

and since the contact hours are like 8/week or something you can work shitloads, or go various places, whatever you're into

then after having a year to 'find yourself' so to speak, carry on with arts (and risk the poor employment prospects) or do some other thing

the downside, of course, is the extra HECS fees, but arts subjects are usually fairly cheap, and what's, say, 50k HECS debt rather than 47k HECS debt anyway? :D

EDIT: another advantage is if you get an average UAI but score HDs in your first year uni you open up a lot more prospects, like UAI of only 95 or 96 plus straight HDs in first year is theoretically enough to transfer into USyd Law

Last edited:
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
EDIT: another advantage is if you get an average UAI but score HDs in your first year uni you open up a lot more prospects, like UAI of only 95 or 96 plus straight HDs in first year is theoretically enough to transfer into USyd Law
I love how an average UAI for you is 95. :D

Azamakumar said:
you're asian aren't u
Actually, im Serbian. Which dosn't make sense huh?

Yeah, I have no intention to 'carry on with arts', Im just looking for a 'gap year', while still attending Uni. Sorry, but not going to Uni is not an option in my family.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
CrownerOf.Kings said:
I love how an average UAI for you is 95. :D

Actually, im Serbian. Which dosn't make sense huh?

Yeah, I have no intention to 'carry on with arts', Im just looking for a 'gap year', while still attending Uni. Sorry, but not going to Uni is not an option in my family.
well it's not average at all

to someone who really wants to get into law/med and has a good chance of doing so, then it's crap

to someone who isn't academic, then it's rly good or maybe unattainable

but like

even if ur UAI is 70 or even 60
then u pick something u have an interest in and get HDs, since u like it,
it still opens up a huge range of things, because of how the formula for transfers works

so it's one way of going about it if you're looking at getting a UAI that doesn't let you get into many good courses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)