I wanna job!! (1 Viewer)

MysteryGenius

HSC
But nobody wants to hire me =[
I'm bored of being bored and poor!!

HSC
I'm guessing by your completion of your HSC, your either 18 or 19. Experience is always a good thing and well try out at local shops, like corner shops milk bars, newsagencys, igas. They are a good starting ground same as mcdonalds.

so try everywhere thats willing to give you a chance :)

good luck

chrisnumber1

HSC
cock for cash?. but seriously, i had the same thing, just keep on handing out resumes and eventually something will happen, but most major retail stores will have intakes in September.

HSC
N/A
if you're 18 i suggest applying to work at the elections in august :)

go onto aec.com.au and create yourself a profile and put in your expression of interest. i know it may only be for 1 or two days but its something. at $19/h for about 12 hours its not bad.

im working at the elections for prospect :D hehee... paid work just in time for my birthday after the elections BOOYAH! SHOPPING SPREEEEEEE

also, if you have some experience in like cafe etc, worth trying to get work from stadium/sydney showground.

if you get your RSA/RCG certificates try to get work in RSLs and bowling clubs. im also applying for my local RSL.

it seems my job hunting drought has ceased and now im being flooded with work! well im excited! cant wait to earn some fucking money of my own!

William kamel

HSC
if you're 18 i suggest applying to work at the elections in august :)

go onto aec.com.au and create yourself a profile and put in your expression of interest. i know it may only be for 1 or two days but its something. at $19/h for about 12 hours its not bad.

im working at the elections for prospect :D hehee... paid work just in time for my birthday after the elections BOOYAH! SHOPPING SPREEEEEEE

also, if you have some experience in like cafe etc, worth trying to get work from stadium/sydney showground.

if you get your RSA/RCG certificates try to get work in RSLs and bowling clubs. im also applying for my local RSL.

it seems my job hunting drought has ceased and now im being flooded with work! well im excited! cant wait to earn some fucking money of my own!

Hey, I've recently applied for the Prospect area for AEC too and did not get any word from them yet, which polling suburb did you apply for in the prospect electorate.

MysteryGenius

HSC
OoOOOOoOooOOoOoook awesome =D thanks heaps guys!

alrighty then.. um but what position did you guys apply for?? I'm completing my expression of interest form thingy now n I'm lost >.<

EDIT: lol nevermind I found the pdf explaining the positions -.-

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Hey, I've recently applied for the Prospect area for AEC too and did not get any word from them yet, which polling suburb did you apply for in the prospect electorate.
well the guy rang me today and was like "can you work in fairfield?" and yeah. firstly i applied for fowler but yeah the man wanted to change my area. i just realised my dad is working in the election too in fairfield. so maybe he had something to do with it... *shrugs*

but just give it time. they should give you a call.

HSC
N/A

alrighty then.. um but what position did you guys apply for?? I'm completing my expression of interest form thingy now n I'm lost >.<
just do the things you know. lols. dont worry about ticking what position you want to apply for. just do the things that are compulsory :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

EDIT: lol nevermind I found the pdf explaining the positions -.-
just apply for everything, that's what I did

I got an offer today which I accepted, polling assistant same as what I did last election. It's like $340 or something for the day which is over double what I'd get for a day at my usual job so pretty sweet eh even if it is a looooong day (like 13-14is hours)

William kamel

HSC

I got an offer today which I accepted, polling assistant same as what I did last election. It's like $340 or something for the day which is over double what I'd get for a day at my usual job so pretty sweet eh even if it is a looooong day (like 13-14is hours)
Did you apply yesterday, coz that's what i did.

random-1006

Banned
HSC

thats $24 a hour, and wow, what do you have to do, sit on your ass for 14hrs straight. yes it would be boring, but $24/hr for nothing

MysteryGenius

HSC

That's awesome lol congrats =D
How long did you have to wait for an offer??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)