IB Maths Tutor - Sydney (1 Viewer)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

A Message to all current Year 12 IB Maths (HL) Students

The hardest part of the IB Maths (HL) is the Option. Most IB schools in NSW offer the Calculus Option. If you find this to be really challenging, you are not alone. You are encountering this type of relatively abstract mathematics for the very first time. It would take time to take it all in. Don't forget: this is 1st year university-level mathematics. Most of the university students would also find it hard.

If you are having problems with your Calculus Option, or just want to be better at it, I can help. Just give me a call or PM me.

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You gotta admit, Drongoski is the best private maths tutor in Sydney. Who could develop a reputation of highly effective teaching where your weaknesses in maths are turned into your strengths? This is an incredibly rare skill which Drongoski has, and something you cannot miss out on. Furthermore, has there been any maths tutor in epping, whose reputation has reach surburbs far and wide to suburbs such as Cronulla and Blacktown? I'm afraid not

Guys, gather a group of friends to do maths tutoring with and get tutored by the best private maths tutor in Sydney. You cannot miss out on your chance. You'll get highly effective tutoring all for a cheaper price (if you do it with your friends) and furthermore, have the opportunity of being tutored by a highly superior tutor :)
^I hope everyone reads this

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
To those about to embark on the HSC year, I've been tutoring 2U, 3U and 4U for over 14 years.

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
bump

Unfortunately, I will take leave from BOS for a period of time however will return sometime in the future

All the best

rebeccazhong

HSC
I'd also like to endorse Drongoski- I did IB HL Maths with Calculus option this year (2016) and he was insanely helpful, especially with calculus topics in the core and option. Always willing to lend books and very generous with his time and support. Honestly don't know how I got through the course without him. Many many thanks to him.

I would definitely recommend him to maths students of any level as he is able to tailor each lesson to whatever you need help on and it's evident that he spends lots of time and effort in planning his lessons. For me, he definitely understood the scope of the IB maths course and the overall course in general which I believe allowed for much more efficient lessons.

Happy holidays to you Drongoski and thank you so much again!

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I'd also like to endorse Drongoski- I did IB HL Maths with Calculus option this year (2016) and he was insanely helpful, especially with calculus topics in the core and option. Always willing to lend books and very generous with his time and support. Honestly don't know how I got through the course without him. Many many thanks to him.

I would definitely recommend him to maths students of any level as he is able to tailor each lesson to whatever you need help on and it's evident that he spends lots of time and effort in planning his lessons. For me, he definitely understood the scope of the IB maths course and the overall course in general which I believe allowed for much more efficient lessons.

Happy holidays to you Drongoski and thank you so much again!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Wow, Rebecca! Thank you very much for your kind words of support. You have no idea how much this means to me.

Thank you for having been such a wonderful student. Yours has been an ideal student-mentor partnership that results in an optimal outcome. It was such a pleasure to teach you. I hope I'll have a few more IB students like you.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
For those who are curious, the Calculus Option for the IB Maths (HL) (previously called: Series & Differential Equations ) cover:

- Limits (Weierstrass's delta-epsilon definition, Limit Laws, the Squeeze Thm etc etc)

- Continuity of Functions (essential & removable discontinuity, Intermediate Value Thm)

- Differentiable Functions

- l'Hopital's Rule

- Rolle's Theorem & the Mean Value Theorem

- Riemann Sums

- The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus

- Improper Integrals

- Sequences (bounded sequences, monotone sequences, tests for convergence/divergence, comparison test, sequences as functions, . . .)

- Infinite Series (comparison test, limit comparison test, integral test, p-series, approximation by truncating an infinite series, alternating series and its test for convergence, alternating series estimation theorem, absolute & conditional convergence, absolute convergence theorem, ratio test, power series, radius & interval of convergence, differentiation & integration of power series . . .)

- Taylor & Maclaurin Series(Taylor Polynomials, Taylor's formula for Remainder, Lagrange Form for Error Term , Sum & Products of Series, Binomial Series . . .)

- Differential Equations

Last edited:

rebeccazhong

HSC
Just like to also add that I achieved a Band 7 in Maths HL thanks to Drongoski- I only found out results 2 days ago. I'd like to further emphasise that I was predicted a Band 5 at the beginning of this year and thanks to his help I was able to jump up two band levels. Would never have been able to do this without Drongoski's help!

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Just like to also add that I achieved a Band 7 in Maths HL thanks to Drongoski- I only found out results 2 days ago. I'd like to further emphasise that I was predicted a Band 5 at the beginning of this year and thanks to his help I was able to jump up two band levels. Would never have been able to do this without Drongoski's help!
Congratulations Rebecca!

I'm so very pleased for you. I myself am so happy that you have achieved the top band of 7 for your Maths HL, the highest level maths in IB (except Further Maths, in which maybe at most 1 or 2 take it in Australia yearly).

Side Note
I read about 14,000 (?) students took the IB Exams last November. Of the 94 worldwide who achieved the perfect score of 45, 57 of them came from tiny Singapore itself. Don't know how NSW fared in the IB this time round, as there is very little news on this in the local papers.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Very pleased to advise that Rebecca has achieved the perfect score of 45. It was all due to her disciplined and persistent efforts, and having chosen her parents so wisely.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)