ICAS science comp answers (1 Viewer)

dinubee

HSC
does anyone have the answers to the ICAS science comp 2008 for year 10,For those who got there results back already?

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
I did the comp though I havent got it back yet. I suppose we get in back in August/September.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I would love to get them back. I did it and I think I went pretty good. Although I will probably only get a credit because I was extremely pushed for time and the skill level of the questions is starting to get a lot harder, and iinvolving a lot more maths (woo! go maths)

dinubee

HSC
haha.yeah i really want to know what i got.i have the question booklet with my answers circled so i thought maybe i could see roughly how i went.:D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
We got our results back ages ago. =\

dinubee

HSC
Do you happen to have the answers by any chance?:D

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Aerath said:
We got our results back ages ago. =\
Yes, please. What are the answers to the competition. :)

My school won't get them until mid-August I think, since I attend a rural school... :(

9megqyzn

HSC
Log into the ICAS website with your TAP-ID and PIN provided at the bottom of your old competition certificates.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks so much for that. I had never noticed that before EVER! I only got a credit.... again. I was hoping to get a Distinction this year. I have never got a distinction or high distinction in my life of participating in these competitions. Although Credits are quite good because it shows I was better than about 75%+ of the state...

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
9megqyzn said:
Log into the ICAS website with your TAP-ID and PIN provided at the bottom of your old competition certificates.
hmmm...Ive tried that, but my PIN is a 8 digit number, and it seems like its supposed to be 10

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Your TAP-ID should 10 digits in the format XXXX XXXX XX and your PIN should be 4 digits in the format XXXX

dinubee

HSC
is it at the bottom of the certificate or the result sheet?

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
9megqyzn said:
I was looking at my Writing Comp certificate and nothing was there and then I realised that they dont have pin for writing comp. I then looked at my Science Comp award from 2005 and there was nothing there! I found my Science Comp award from 2006, there was a 10 digit TAP ID and 4 digit pin, but it was from a different school.... so it doesnt work!

Guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks so much for that. I had never noticed that before EVER! I only got a credit.... again. I was hoping to get a Distinction this year. I have never got a distinction or high distinction in my life of participating in these competitions. Although Credits are quite good because it shows I was better than about 75%+ of the state...
Thats a great achievement! Credit is good. I only got one credit in the two times I did the Science Comp.
I only get Distinctions for Maths. Nothing else. :angry:

9megqyzn

HSC
dinubee said:
is it at the bottom of the certificate or the result sheet?
Yes, competition this year was full of shit. Gayarse questions had to guess last 5. Only got a distinction.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Only a distinction.... That's within the top 10% of the state... I got credit within the top 18% of the state and I'm still pretty happy with that. It was only a test lol. There is no reason to get all worked up about it... You don't have to be the best at a competition!

N.B. The TAP-ID and PIN are on the results sheet at the bottom of the page. They are in bold writing... so you should notice them.

dinubee

HSC
any one got the anwsers?
i dont have a number to check on the net:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)