ICAS science comp answers (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The answers are as follows (descending order 1 through to 45)
C
C
D
A
C
C
B
B
C
D
B
A
B
C
C
C
B
A
C
A
B
D
B
A
D
A
C
C
B
C
A
D
D
B
B
A
D
B
A
D
D
A
D
C

Questions 35 and 43 were technically the hardest... question 35 had 16% get it right and 43 had 17% get it right. YAY I GOT THE HARDEST ONE RIGHT!! Woot... I feel special :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aquawhite said:
Questions 35 and 43 were technically the hardest... question 35 had 16% get it right and 43 had 17% get it right. YAY I GOT THE HARDEST ONE RIGHT!! Woot... I feel special :D
I do too. It's just the easy ones that I get wrong. :mad1:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Do you get in somewhere if you do well in this exam?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Get in somewhere? What do you mean? You mean like selected into some sort of team for the competition. I don't think so, although there is prize money for the very best marks.... e.g. none wrong (0.3% of the state). lol.

9megqyzn

HSC
lyounamu said:
Do you get in somewhere if you do well in this exam?
Nah, it's full of shit, school made us do it. It's one of those UNSW multiple-choice competitions.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
dinubee said:
anyone know what the cut off mark for a credit is?
How many did you get right? A credit is within the top 30% of the state... I only got 28/45 and got in the top 18% of the state! :D.

If you got more than me I guess you got a credit or above.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
frozencrumbz said:
i missed out on High Distinction by one mark ='(
Lol. Well done on getting a distinction then. Takes quite a bit of knowledge to get a distinction :)

Once again, well done.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
and sometimes you wait even longer if you get a HD since the teachers keep it to assembly day (which happens once a term)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
nerdsforever said:
and sometimes you wait even longer if you get a HD since the teachers keep it to assembly day (which happens once a term)
Lol. We have all our awards above participation given out at assemblies... our assemblies are every second week though, on the wednesday. We have a big one every semester for our "commendation ceremony" and other awards like my music certificates and grading.... etc.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Aquawhite said:
Lol. We have all our awards above participation given out at assemblies... our assemblies are every second week though, on the wednesday. We have a big one every semester for our "commendation ceremony" and other awards like my music certificates and grading.... etc.
So I guess you get to stand on the stage on commendation ceremony :D Good job

RandomOne

HSC
Re: ICAS Writing comp 2008

Big Big mistakes in the marking of ICAS Writing competition this year. Who do they get to mark these papers, maybe they shouldnt bother doing them anymore if they make such terrible mistakes.

Get your Icas writing rechecked because some dickhead has marked them wrong (opposite numbers) and Participations should be High Distinctions.

RandomOne

HSC
Re: ICAS TAP-ID and PIN number

You'll find your TAP-ID and PIN number at near the bottom of any of your results sheets from last year (not the certificate) but the one with all the writing on it detailing your results etc..

RandomOne

HSC
Re: ICAS Get your results earlier

To get your results before your school, go to https://www.eaa.unsw.edu.au/apps/students/

and wait for the login and login with your TAP ID (A Long number) and your PIN number, They can be found on your results page that comes with your certificate. They are down near the bottom of the sheet somewhere and generally you will be given the same number for years.

swathard

HSC
lol the writing competition is not a true reflection of your aggregate ability in writing/english.. lol

i mean, i got a credit this year, top 20% of state, yet I got 100% on my report for english.. so yeah its very unrealistic, so don't worry if you got a participation and you thought you were good at english..

chances are, you still ARE, but the marking scheme, which if you look at it is completely RANDOM and not made clear to the competitor, is weird. so yeah, dont lose hope!!

:D

RandomOne

HSC
Ha, yes I imagine this is true, but I do believe there has been a bit of a blunder or major oversight in the marking this year, maybe it's just of my particular school. As a twelve year old I am quite competent in writing any style or genre. I gained 4 High Distinctions last year and was hoping for 5 High Distinctions this year. I started sitting the ETC tests (old ICAS) at 6 years old and I gained Distinctions and High Distinctions for the year above my respective age.

I have spent the last 3 years in a writing extension and literary class so I think I would be qualified to write better than 50% (participation) of the average 12yr olds in the country, especially as last year I was in the Top 1% with a High Distinction and now it seems that all of a sudden I can't write to save my life.

Something is definately wrong! I will update you as to what happens...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)