ICC Champions Trophy (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
AntiJap said:
Engladn r so arrogatn. win the ashes once in 18 years and they think they're on top of the wolrd.
Well that's a pretty big thing, I'd imagine, to win the Ashes for the first time in so and so years.

Are they really that arrogant? Let them have it, we'll win them back come next month anyway.

sideshowtim

HSC
Top bowling performance by our youngens and top captaincy by the brilliant Punter. Johnson 3/40 and Watson 3/16. Let's hope we knock these runs off quickly. Great comeback from our boys after the disappointment of the last match.

sideshowtim

HSC
Wouldn't be too worried about Punter mate, he just doesn't tend to perform in India. He has been in good form otherwise, hit a 50 in the practice game and in a game in Malaysia, he'll be fine. Always picks himself up for the big games.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Highlight of the innings:

Harmison getting hit for three consecutive boundaries by Martyn at the start of his spell. :wave:

sideshowtim

HSC
Harmison is a joke. He's had about 3 good games in his entire career and is going to try and ride off the back of them forever. I'm happy that he'll be in the squad come Ashes time.

BlackDragon

HSC
i'm worried about the india match. it could be tough. we need to stop losing early wickets, which happens so often.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
playing india in india is always tough, but i guess all we need is a few players to fire up.

i got nothing against shane watson, in fact, i reckon he's a pretty damn good player, but there is no way he's an opener, no way! i'd have hayden or katich or jaques batting before he walks in to the crease, any day. the selectors ought to know that by now.

sideshowtim

HSC
Watto is a good opener. He handles the swinging ball better than anyone else and he needs more than 2 chances at the top of the order. I think that we'll beat India. Our pace attack is fucking strong as anything. Lee, McGrath, Johnson, Bracken and Watson with Symo and Clarkey bowling part time...I think we can skittle them for under 200.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
So is Watson out for the next game against India? There were reports of other players getting a little sick as well.

I can't seem to find any news on it

melb22

HSC
N/A
ind vs WI today....hopefully indians win this one as the next one will be a tough match. Surprisingly this tournament has been great till now as all teams other then england have played well and so all have a good chance of reaching the semis. technically even england can reach semis but i doubt that wud happen

Last edited:

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
Feck, India all out for 223, makes Saturday's game against them a must win.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
ive got optus, and how come FOX SPORTS dont show the cricket matches currently happening now with Australia.

My cousin goes that, Oputvision caught a person with stolen optus machines that gave out free channels to hundreds even thousands of people. So they are not featuring the matches on FOX SPORTS

Soon im ganna get foxtel digital to match all the cricket matches.

Anyone have any information or regards to what i have said

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
Nice to see Watto get some runs, and Glenn is back!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Wow - not even a single subcontinent team to make it to the semis - dissappointing. Pakistan has internal problems, India had injuries and Sri Lanka -well if they are still Sanath there seriously have a lot problems.

Aus vs Nz = should be good. NZ have looked very good so far.
WS vs Sth Africa = another gud match West Indies have the batting, Sth Africa have the bowling.

I will gues West Indies to win again.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
did someone say it was hard to beat india in india?

great win for the guys, an all round effort. tho i still dont agree with watson opening, unless he can proof me wrong in the finals. and great to have pigeon back, what a champ.

if anyone here still thinks the poms have a chance in the ashes, please let me know so i can laugh at you.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:
did someone say it was hard to beat india in india?

great win for the guys, an all round effort. tho i still dont agree with watson opening, unless he can proof me wrong in the finals. and great to have pigeon back, what a champ.

if anyone here still thinks the poms have a chance in the ashes, please let me know so i can laugh at you.
it is - thats why i think they have made semi every single time in this tournament when played in the sub continent.

But india tend to choke against Australia - and they were struck with injuries as well.

New Zealand getting hammered.. looks like West indies to win. unless south africa can muster some batting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)