Idea for major work... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated (1 Viewer)

Ratm93

HSC
So basically I'm thinking of doing either a suite of poetry that resolves around elements of Science Fiction (because I'm learning about it in Extension 1 and would really like to compose some myself) or a video about mental health and the effects it has on the loved ones.

Any thoughts at all? Any tips? I'm really all over the shop at the moment and whilst being on holidays is exciting, this is the time to be thinking.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I think the video idea has potential. Just make sure you can make a clear link with it towards an aspect of your study.

jet

Banned
HSC
You would have to work hard to pull off the video, as it sounds pretty boring, like something you would watch in PE.

Poetry could work. There are some great ones in the showcase books.

123 B A N G

HSC
I agree with Charlessunstrum avoid the mental health video unless you have a really interesting far out idea for it.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Poetry is an incredibly risky medium for ee2.
True, but if you do it well it can pay off enormously.

Do the poetry- but only if you're comfortable with the medium and are capable of writing it. Get others (preferably not parents/friends who are going to lavish you with compliments even if you write an acrostic about clouds) opinions on your attempts before you go any further with it!

Sikhman is actually right. But don't let risk deter you from the possibility of great marks. Science-fiction poetry sounds really interesting, and really different. Go for it!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)